things get pretty strange sometimes in the desert:

was having dinner the other nite over at another trailer here at coyote howls, in why?, arizona -- and my friends started to talk about the "geezer" they used to have -- apparently, when this place was a lot bigger, about the size of a small village, they had a quaint custom of "adopting" a qeezer -- these were old, like 80s, single men, living alone, who people felt needed some looking after -- apparently they'd find my friends geezer lying in the middle of the park road, quite frequently -- when asked what he was doing, he'd say, not surprizingly, "nothing"

sure beats the welfare department

for those who don't know, most of the land west of denver, the beautiful undeveloped land, is public -- that means, usually, that you can live on it, for free, or close to free -- its called "boondocking" -- in addition, for those folks who want a bit more, there are, for a minimal fee, a couple of places like coyote howls, a place where you get a fair size chunk of desert, all the sun you need to run solar panels, and most importantly, a source of water

some folks, like me, come here at retirement, age 55, and stay, literally, til they die -- and so the "adopt-a-geezer" came about, as a way to help folks to live, and die, a life they choose -- i suppose its an alternative to senior citizen housing -- its "supported living", but not supported by professional care-givers, instead, by neighbors

gassho, bob