Thread: Weekly 'Saturday' Zazenkai will be SUNDAY!

Weekly 'Saturday' Zazenkai will be SUNDAY!

Hi,

For personal reasons (a special date with my wife, long promised ... Leon is at a sleep-a-way) this week's LIVE 'Saturday' Zazenkai will be SUNDAY ... from midnight Sunday Night Japan time, which is Sunday morning in North America, Sunday afternoon in most of Europe.

I thank you, and my wife thanks you.

Gassho, J

Re: Weekly 'Saturday' Zazenkai will be SUNDAY!

hi jundo, was great to sit with you again, and try, in my cramped quarters, to do the rest of it -- that was the 77 chevy van we drive out, not actually our trailer -- still evolving the desert zendo, butr for now looks like it will be the van -- was glad to see that my tin can antenna, stuck out the window, brought in the wifi signal quite well -- when i do the retreat, though, i expect i'll take the van out away from people, and will have no signal

not sure if you realize you had technical problems, at least on my computer -- you had 2 of treeleaf on mebeam, but no sound and no you, just a frozen photo of your sitting area -- you came in fine on ustream, untill after kinhin -- then i lost everyone on mebeam(hi ron, geat to see you) and ustream

gassho, bob

Good to see you too Bob. Sorry I was late (I guess I'm not very good with the time difference - Hey Jundo, could you use the sitting schedule so people like me don't have to try and figure it out . )

Thanks,
    Ron

I missed it because I forgot that DST isn't used all around the world (silly American arrogance I suppose).

Oh well, I'll use the recorded version today while my son naps.

i have to admit, i've been here a week, and i still havn't figured out what time it is, what with arizona not doing dst, and me never figuring out how to spring forward, fall back, or down, or whatever -- trhought i had it down til i called my daughter in california, proudly told her what time it was, and was wrong again -- the only reason i got to sit on sunday is i thought it was the 4-hr sit, cause obviously, this was the 1st saturday of november(not!) -- so i was sitting for quite a while, wondering where everyone was

aren't zennists exempt from this time stuff?

gassho, bob

Quote Originally Posted by roky
    i have to admit, i've been here a week, and i still havn't figured out what time it is, what with arizona not doing dst, and me never figuring out how to spring forward, fall back, or down, or whatever -- trhought i had it down til i called my daughter in california, proudly told her what time it was, and was wrong again -- the only reason i got to sit on sunday is i thought it was the 4-hr sit, cause obviously, this was the 1st saturday of november(not!) -- so i was sitting for quite a while, wondering where everyone was

aren't zennists exempt from this time stuff?

gassho, bob
    Hi Guys,

Okay, I will try to quote times from now on as Japan/London/Paris/New York/Los Angeles ... folks in between can figure it out from there. Sorry for the confusion.

Time is a state of mind, yet don't be late for dinner.

Also, Rocky, good news! You can still sit the 4-hour November Zazenkai here ...

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2008/11 ... enaki.html

... and if you sit it TWICE, it is an 8-HOUR Zazenkai!

Gassho, J

Thanks coach!

Ron