Hi All,

I had mentioned previously that we would be having a two day intensive "Retreat" as part of our JUKAI preparations, and I would like to combine this with the upcoming traditional ROHATSU (Buddha's Enlightenment Day, December 8th) Sesshin period that is celebrated in Zen monasteries around the world ...

So, I am hereby giving notice that we will be having our intensive retreat over the weekend of:

DECEMBER 6 and 7, 2008!

I have yet to work out the exact schedule and content, as I have to cover several continents and multiple time zones as effectively as possible. However, it will likely encompass all of Saturday and Sunday in most of Europe and North America. You will have the option of joining live or (as I will record each segment for Ustream) following the recorded segments with a few hours (or even days) lag time. However, you should plan on two solid, unbroken days of sitting ... beginning before the sun rises and continuing well after it sets each day.

Although the retreat will be online, it will be done in the traditional manner (as close as I can make it), featuring Oryoki, Samu, Chanting, Kinhin and lots & lots of Zazen! For a taste of what it may be like, please try our half-day retreat here:

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2007/11 ... t-day.html

Okay, more details later ... as the date grows closer.

By the way, the Jukai ceremony itself will be on a day (or perhaps days to suit different people) around the end of the year, probably shortly after the New Year.

Gassho, Jundo