Thread: clear vision

clear vision

Hi

I was directed to this website run by the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order FWBO Look in the ask a buddha video answers section and the student stuff.

http://www.clear-vision.org/Students/AskaBud.aspx

The have a section for children with various monks and lay people being videod asking questions about meditation, enlightenment and the rest. Very interesting and good if you have kids I would have thought.

I particularly like Rev Saido's of the OBC discussion on mediation. http://www.clear-vision.org/Students/go ... tate2.aspx second video down. His description and analogies of zen mediation I think is great

There are other videos/talks on there but you have to pay for them, the kids stuff is free.

In gassho, to them and you, Kev

Re: clear vision

Kev,

Thank you for the information. I pulled down the little side discussion we were having because, on reflection, I did not and do not have enough information to speak from, and do not think I should be discussing something I do not know about. I should not have raised the matter, so I am just going to leave your helpful post.

Sorry for the distraction.

Maybe we can get into how to discuss such things when we get to the Precept on not judging other Buddhists.

Gassho, Jundo

:lol: Yep, that seems appropriate. It's a hard call with any situation, and something that has played on my mind.

Hope people do find something of use there.

In gassho, Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Sorry for the distraction.

:| Well. But I do think there should be or would at least be helpful to describe and/or explain the tradition, pov, etc of a particular group/sangha/school/tradition/"sect" when referring to an article, website, etc. Even w/i Zen Buddhism, I found explanations helpful. One doesn't have state, "Oh, this is a cult!" But. A bit more rounded description is always welcomed....or at least for me. :wink:

I liked the video with the guy you mentioned from Throssel Abbey - a nice simple approach which I liked.
    I wonder if he'll be there at the retreat this weekend

PA

Ah you're there this weekend I don't remember seeing him there but he might be. We hoped to be there last weekend for a festival but couldn't make it in the end.

Hope you have a great weekend.

In gassho, Kev

Thanks Kev!
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it - I need a bit of encouragement with my sitting these days and I see this as a good opportunity. And it looks like the weather will be nice too.
    I'll let you know how it goes :wink:

PA

Thank you again, Kev.

I have the cartoon that Rev. Saido mentioned in his lovely talk (the second video down, I recommend it to everyone) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Thank you again, Kev.

I have the cartoon that Rev. Saido mentioned in his lovely talk (the second video down, I recommend it to everyone) ...

LOL. :lol: I am gonna put it in our website.

BTW..Kev....those are really good videos. Very thought provoking, but also interesting to see this Buddhist mosaic.

Glad you found them useful

In gassho, Kev