Thread: I split up with my girlfriend today.

disastermouse

I split up with my girlfriend today.

It's the end of a two year thing.

:|

Re: I split up with my girlfriend today.

That's hard for anyone. Hope you are okay, and can now or soon accept things for what they are...G, Ann

always the impermanence==over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by disastermouse
    It's the end of a two year thing.

:|
    Sorry to hear about it, but......remember the good and the bad.......say your good-byes in good-faith....and move on.

As OutKast sings:

If what they say is "Nothing is forever"
    Then what makes, Then what makes, Then what makes
    Then what makes, Then what makes Love?
    (Love the exception)

Sorry to hear that Chet
    Hope you are doing as well as you can
    Kind regards
    Jools

disastermouse

I'm not one for being able to hold back my feelings...

But I actually feel great. Stunningly so. I'd feel a lot better if I had my next travel contract nailed down. Hannah was the entire reason I'm in San Francisco. I'm now faced with a map full of options (I have a multi-state Nursing compact license..it's not 'everywhere' but it's a lot of states) and not much of a compelling reason to choose one over the other except money.

I could go to SLC, but I don't see myself going to Kanzeon and dating there is difficult for a Buddhist. The hospital I worked at was a dream come true, though - and if I can live with my best friend there (it's up in the air), I could make a killing. Maybe I could finally retire some of this debt.

It kind of points out why I need this 'virtual' sangha, though. My physical location changes so frequently that it's difficult to stay connected to anyone or anything. I need to figure out how to interface with the Zendo here - someone with a Mac (Jordan?) told me I could on one of these threads....maybe someone could PM me with instructions?

Chet

Stephanie

Care to say what provoked it?

Did you work for an IHC hospital while in SLC?

My wife currently works in Labor & Delivery for IHC down here in our town, and they have been a wonderful company to work for. I also know that they use a lot of travel nurses throughout the state. A friend who is an NP had started a traveling nurse company, and was hooked up with IHC for contracts, but her company eventually fell through.

If you happen to make it to SLC you'll have to let me know. I'd love to come up and have a cup of coffee or something. (I'm 5 hours south of SLC).

Hi Chet
    glad you are in a good spot & some new horizons are opening up.
    re: mobile access - I use an Asus EEE, which is a cheap, wireless access device, but which can also use an ethernet cable, or a 3G device to access the internet.
    Kind regards
    Jools

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jools
    Hi Chet
    glad you are in a good spot & some new horizons are opening up.
    re: mobile access - I use an Asus EEE, which is a cheap, wireless access device, but which can also use an ethernet cable, or a 3G device to access the internet.
    Kind regards
    Jools
    I know how to access the intewebs. I was looking for advice about how to get my Mac and built-in iSight to play nice with whatever interface the Zendo uses.

Thanks though.

Hey Chet,

Bummer to be sure but I wouldn't have met my wife if I hadn't broken up with a girlfriend or two. Opportunity always there knocking when one door closes...I'm sure you know the rest.

Gassho,
    Scott

The Buddha recommended celibacy. Don't look to him for any help. :wink:

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Chet,
    For the relationship thing: It works out for the better - its how i met my wife and how we have our happy lil family...that was after a 7 year relationship and we were engaged to be married... anywho...

Hmmmm I may be able to prove more useful with the mac isight bit

I use my mac from work to do any of the video stuffs available (im bandwith limited @ home due to our rural-ness *CUE BANJOS!*. just make sure under System Preference:Sound:input is set to the built in mic (if not using an external one, in say, a head set or w/e), and output set to what ever speakers your using. Its kinda best to use a head set if you can when/if your going to be speaking since External speakers +mic+ you talking = feedback loop or a bad echo. Now for the using the iSight with any of the video stuffs you just have to enable access to it in the flash plugin,(oh yeah and make sure you have the most up-to-date flash plugin- for mac X on an intel rig that version should be : 9.0.124.0) you can do this by going to whatever page it is you were going to visit with the video and just right click/ctrl+click anywhere with in the video window and you should see something like this:

and should be set to allow if your going to video conference using a flash based delivery (like the mebeam thingy used here)

and this should be set to your mic of course
    and finally

i dont have a webcam on my home PC but it should be prepoulated with what ever your default cam is (your built in isight) and if it isnt you can select it.

as for like sanzen just grab the mac version of skype and it works with little configuration once installed.

hope that helps
    Gassho, Dirk

disastermouse

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm not sure celibacy is in the cards for me, although I've considered it. I already feel pretty alienated, so celibacy would just be one more layer.

I have conflicting needs. One the one hand, I need to set up an emotional support system of some sort. I am completely alone in SF - there really is no one. On the other hand, I need to travel to make enough money to pay my bills and hopefully pay down some debt. I don't have any real reason to settle anywhere, except that were I settled, I'd have a better chance to 'belong' to something.

Chet

disastermouse

I have recently wondered to myself if I really accepted this event with the tranquility I remember and so I came across this thread again...

I turns out that I probably remembered it much the way it seemed to me at the time.

Chet

things can look different when we are remove ourselves from the experience, eh?

Dave

disastermouse

This is from one of my early posts on the board - in Sept. 2008. Didn't mean to confuse.

Chet