My mind ain't that magnanimous and does discriminate a lot, so I've got to recommend Uchiyama's "How to cook your life" for a better, deeper discussion of the three minds.
But back to the reality here and now: "whatever happens, there is nothing outside of living out self that is only self. This is what is called magnanimous mind, the attitude that never discriminates". This ties into a previous discussion. What is important is a non-discriminating attitude, as opposed to non-discriminating thinking. Discriminating thinking ("considering the recent wheather changes, today we will follow protocol B instead of protocol A to confirm the safety of the airplane before taking off"; "this shoes are different amongst themselves, where is the right match?") is neutral in itself, and is a useful function until discriminating attitude shows up ("man, we better follow protocol B cause if the damn plane crashes I will loose my job and then what am I gonna do?"; " I'm gonna look really stupid with mismatched shoes"). Directly or indirectly, it seems that discriminating attitude is always about ME ME ME. But when you realize that everything is part of ME, then the discriminating attitude looses all sense.

What do you think?