Thread: Technical Problems on Todays Live Sitting

Technical Problems on Todays Live Sitting

Re: Technical Problems on Todays Live Sitting

Good Lord, yes! I gave up on the sitting room but kept going on my own knowing that you folks were doing it along with me.

I kept getting kicked out, but it's one of the first times I tried connecting and I was using the still image avatar function in ManyCam. Unfortunately, the camcorder I usually use as a webcam does not appear to be working at the moment.

I, too, have been bumped to a login page at MeBeam in the sitting room ( . . BTW, I don't use an avatar, just the built-in web-cam on my computer.

Bill

Hi,

I will mention it to Skye (who is so busy, I try not to bother him). I doubt he can do anything. Could it have to do with the browser reloading the image? I use Firefox on a PC, and it seems to work fine.

Here is my suggestion: Time yourself too. At about 10 minutes to the hour, we are starting Kinhin, then we do the Verse of Atonement and Four Vows just before the hour.

By the way, next week is our 4 hour ZAZENKAI, the first Saturday of the month!

Just to be safe, I will use both the Mebeam/Sitting Room AND "livecast" that via Ustream on the "Sit-a-Long" blog. That will give you a stable signal, although you will not be able to see the faces of other folks. Well, you should be seeing just the wall anyway! :wink:

Sorry about that, but life is often annoying (IF you mind finds it annoying! That is the key!). If we were meeting in a building, it would be something else. For example, at Sojiji it was mosquitoes and (if can you believe it) a PA system that used to make loud announcements during Zazen, like "Azuma Roshi, you have a call on Line 2". At Taisoji, it was traffic sounds. At Nishijima Roshi's Dojo, it was the children's playground right outside the window. And at the group where I sat in Florida, it was a telephone that kept ringing in a locked office. I think you get the point.

Gassho, Jundo

maybe its even better that way...
    those little annoyance are what makes most of our life and we have to learn to deal with them and let them go.

no judgment, just zazen