Thread: Brother's Birthday

Brother's Birthday

June 12,1972.
    For the First time since my brothers death in 2001, that i let this date slip by. I knew it was coming and i always took time off from work. This is the first time i simply kept a smile on my face and let the good of what he brought to my world fill the space between my ears while i worked and went about my daily routine, rather than dwelling in pointless feelings of loss and anger. Its sad to lose some one close to you, but what time we did have together was wonderful! not sad at all. Thank you to all of you here, you may not know it but you've all helped me through some difficult times.

Gassho
    Dirk

Re: Brother's Birthday

Thank you for letting us all share that, Dirk.

Dirk,

I'm so glad that you've found some peace with this. It sounds like an unbelievable difficult situation and your insight and honesty about this is truly inspiring for me.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best,

Greg

Thank you too Dirk.

All the best,

Philip

Dear Dirk,

Thank you and best wishes to you and your family.

Gassho
    Ken

Stephanie

I'm sorry about what seems to have been the sudden and painful loss of your brother, Dirk. Grief can be a real challenge, but the extremity of it, when balanced by Zen practice and the qualities of mind it generates, can be illuminating and liberating. Gassho--

Thank you Dirk
    My older brother (by two years) died when I was in my twenties. The passage of time does help, but it is hard. So many mixed emotions.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Kindest regards
    Jools