The Just List

In Zen practice we hear things like:

Just sit
    Just Walk
    Just eat
    Just stand
    Just Lay down
    Just do the dishes

I think these lists are a little short. A human being is made up of way more than this. I think we are forgetting some categories:

Just laugh
    Just cry
    Just rearrange the furniture
    Just play frisbee
    Just spit (with dignity of course :roll: )
    Just give a hug
    Just shake a hand
    Just bang your head to AC/DC (with dignity of course ops: )
    Just fix it whatever it is
    Just give a shoulder to lean on
    Just give encouragement
    Just give a hard surface that is difficult for anyone to climb( for it makes them stronger)
    Just relax
    Just have cold
    Just have cancer
    Just enjoy yourself
    Just do what you've got to do
    Just make a joke
    Just play air guitar
    Just shake that rump (with ...you know... dignity)
    Just think
    Just feel
    Just be human (but don't be blind :wink: )

G,W

Re: The Just List

That is excellent, Will. I hope you will put it to music. Gassho, J

I hate to say it, but someone's beat you to it, with the most concise possible list: Just Do It.

Kirk

That is excellent, Will. I hope you will put it to music
    :lol: We'll see.

Just Do It.
    Yeah, but you know, a lot of people have this thing with Nike and stuff, so better to side step that one. :roll: I bet they'd make a killer Zafu though.

G,W

Thanks Will

Just have cancer
    Well that's a big "just" - in the last few years I have found the following helpful during difficult times,

http://www.thesurvivormovie.com/

Kind regards

Jools

Inspirational video Jools. My father in law was wrongly diagnosed with prostate cancer at xmas, it would be fair to say his life pretty much feel apart in the meantime, until he found out that they'd made a mistake.

Wishing you well, Kev

Achu!

Just sneeze... :mrgreen:

Its said in Tibetan Buddhism that these are interesting events because when we sneeze or ...em... climax we involuntarily have a little moment of clarity; we drop mind and body for an instant.
    http://www.yoniversum.nl/pandora/tachikawa.html

This sums up the central tenet of all Tachikawa teachings: Buddhahood (infinite compassion, wisdom and liberation) can be obtained through controlled, ritual sexuality between motivated and experienced partners. The Tachikawa adepts are convinced that the loss of self, of ego, which occurs during sexual play can lead toward enlightenment - and that the moment of orgasm (called here the Lion's Roar) is a moment of revelation.

This sums up the central tenet of all Tachikawa teachings: Buddhahood (infinite compassion, wisdom and liberation) can be obtained through controlled, ritual sexuality between motivated and experienced partners. The Tachikawa adepts are convinced that the loss of self, of ego, which occurs during sexual play can lead toward enlightenment - and that the moment of orgasm (called here the Lion's Roar) is a moment of revelation.
    Does that include self-enlightenment, or do you need a partner?

Do they do it in the Lotus Position?

It gives a whole new meaning to "no coming, no going"

Gassho, Jundo

:lol:

Actually, it's quite a long ritual I believe. It takes a few weeks or months preparation and there's breathing, and what not, that goes along with it. I don't really think it's Wham, Bam thank you ma'am/mister.

Not Soto though. Well, it could be if the time is right and there's some Marvin Gaye on the music box.

G,W

Quote Originally Posted by will

:lol:

Actually, it's quite a long ritual I believe. It takes a few weeks or months preparation and there's breathing, and what not, that goes along with it. I don't really think it's Wham, Bam thank you ma'am/mister.

Not Soto though. Well, it could be if the time is right and there's some Marvin Gaye on the music box.

G,W
    Hi Will,

No, not to make light of this, I once did do some serious reading and research on the so-called "Left Handed Tantra" and similar sexual practices in Tibetan Buddhism and Taoism. If done "right" and seriously, they had a serious purpose behind them and were anything but fun sex. But often, they may have just turned into an excuse for an orgy! :shock:

What do you say, Treeleafers? Should I introduce some of these practices into our curriculum here? :twisted:

Gassho, Jundo

I'll pass thanks.

Let's just keep to "fat man removes weeds" for now.

G,W

Quote Originally Posted by HezB

Its said in Tibetan Buddhism that these are interesting events because when we sneeze or ...em... climax we involuntarily have a little moment of clarity; we drop mind and body for an instant.
    Or as the French say...la petite mort. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    What do you say, Treeleafers? Should I introduce some of these practices into our curriculum here? :twisted:
    I tell you what, my husband would practice zen in a New York Minute if we had some of that as part of formal practice. I can see it now, "Honey, I think Jundo should have more of them zazenkai's." *nudge, nudge* :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo

My only tantric master on this issue has been:

:wink: