Thread: Live Saturday Sitting Today/Tonight with Jundo

Live Saturday Sitting Today/Tonight with Jundo

Just a reminder that I will be leading our weekly, 1 hour "live" Saturday sitting tonight, midnight Japan time ... which will be Saturday morning or afternoon in most parts of the world. Please check your local time. I will try to use both the 'Always Open Zen Hall" and USTREAM (so it can be recorded for later sitters) ... hopefully I will get the microphone figured out this time. I will have links on the blog.

I plan to chant Heart Sutra in English only, then sit 30 or 35 minutes, the 10 minutes of Kinhin.

I hope some folks can join in.

Gassho, Jundo

Re: Live Saturday Sitting Today/Tonight with Jundo

Great see you then! Here's the equivalent times around the world:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixed ... in=0&sec=0

I will be there.

Gassho

ShonenYo

I'll try and make it, but that's rather early fora Saturday morning for me 8)

Great - thanks Jundo

Can't be there in real time for the next two weekends as we are going on a family holiday (you know - caravan, kids, walks, bike rides, rain etc )But, I am taking my Zafu & mat with me & I hope to find a corner twice a day to sit (as per the other thread - I don't think this will be quiet - so a chance to practice under all conditions )

Anyway, I am told this place may have wireless so I hope to join you (anytime, any place) at some point in the week to do the "live" sitting.

Best wishes

Jools

Hey Jundo. Just a note. It was kind of unclear when the chanting was to begin I think some people were kind of just sitting there. Maybe you could say we are going to chant now? Or maybe we'll get it after a few tries.

Gassho Night

Will

Yep ... Practice makes Perfect(ly what is) ...

We'll have it down pat by next time!

And I also had a bit of a "perfectly what it is" on the recording of the sitting ... SOUND ONLY ...

Give a listen and "sit-along" with ears wide open ... here (audio starts at 4:00 minute mark):

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2008/04 ... zazen.html

Gassho, Jundo

Just finished. Thanks again, Jundo!

Thank you Jundo and the gang!

It was great to see the zendo with folks sitting in different parts of the world :-).

I was trying to catch the tune of the sutra but it didn't really work out because of the mic problem but I hear there is a thread with a link to to it somewhere on the forum.

I agree with Will, it was unclear when we would join in but probably because I could not hear anything at all? Interestingly, the mic worked well with the bell, that one was loud and clear.

Also, how do we guys do with the bowing, first to the "wall" and then to the people across the room. We do that, right? Basically we start standing, or?

Jundo, is there a chance to see the altar (?) closer? Maybe take a few snaphsots, close ups?

It is amazing to observe how it all is shaping up and be part of it. My motivation got a real boost and today I dragged myself early out of bed knowing Tony would be doing his evening zazen and we sat in Zazen hall together. It worked great!

See you guys soon again and hope more people will be able to join us live next Saturday!

In Gassho,

Irina

I found also that the volume on my computer wasn't loud enough, once I turned it up I could hear somewhat better, but still a little low.

The Samson Co1u microphone is not that great from a distance for speaking.

Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by CinnamonGal
    Thank you Jundo and the gang!

It was great to see the zendo with folks sitting in different parts of the world :-).

I was trying to catch the tune of the sutra but it didn't really work out because of the mic problem but I hear there is a thread with a link to to it somewhere on the forum.

I agree with Will, it was unclear when we would join in but probably because I could not hear anything at all? Interestingly, the mic worked well with the bell, that one was loud and clear.

Also, how do we guys do with the bowing, first to the "wall" and then to the people across the room. We do that, right? Basically we start standing, or?

Jundo, is there a chance to see the altar (?) closer? Maybe take a few snaphsots, close ups?

It is amazing to observe how it all is shaping up and be part of it. My motivation got a real boost and today I dragged myself early out of bed knowing Tony would be doing his evening zazen and we sat in Zazen hall together. It worked great!

See you guys soon again and hope more people will be able to join us live next Saturday!

In Gassho,

Irina
    Hi Irina,

I am glad it was helpful. I will try to coordinate the Heart Sutra chanting better for next time ... next we, we will do the Japanese version.

Traditionally, we come to our Zafu, Gassho facing the Zafu, fluff the Zafu, Gassho again, turn clockwise to face the room, Gassho towards the room, then stand for the ceremony or sit (according to the circumstance).

As to seeing the altar close up ... well, it is still rather temporary as the carpenters push us around this place while they work on repairs. One thing to mention is that the two pieces of caligraphy are by my "Dharma Grandpa" (Nishijima Roshi's teacher), Renpo Niwa Roshi ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/niwa.html

He was a rather well known calligrapher in Japan. I will talk about those someday soon.

Thanks Jundo,

I will check the site. I was curious about the colligraphy.

Will, I will make sure to raise the volume next time. I don't think I checked it on Saturday. That could be the explanation!

Gassho,

I.

yeah. That'll help a bit and if jundo gets a mic stand or something.

Gassho Will