Thread: umm yeah

umm yeah

I just got big sense of gratitude after my sitting this evening, and I kind of said to myself "Thank you Buddha" . How do you thank someone for something so special if they aren't around to thank them?

So I just thought I'd post it here.

"Thanks Siddhartha Gautama Shakyamuni Buddha for doing what you did."

Gassho Will

Re: umm yeah

Quote Originally Posted by will
    I just got big sense of gratitude after my sitting this evening, and I kind of said to myself "Thank you Buddha" . How do you thank someone for something so special if they aren't around to thank them?

So I just thought I'd post it here.

"Thanks Siddhartha Gautama Shakyamuni Buddha for doing what you did."

Gassho Will
    Hi, Will.

I've had a similar experience of being moved to tears with gratitude just as I was finishing zazen . . . a very unfocused "who in the hell am I grateful to?" kind of feeling. I simply bowed and let it come and go like everything else, but at that moment, it was a fairly strong emotion.

Thanks for sharing,

Bill

Y'all are making me feel thankfull! It feels good to smile.

Thank you Will

Thank you Bill

Thank you Buddha

Thank you Treeleaf . . .

Hmm. I dunno, Will. I don't think of Buddha as someone or something "out there." Siddhartha led the way, so to speak, but he's not the goal. "Buddha" isn't him, per se, it's something in ME. the best I can possibly be... that's the Buddha. So, when I offer gratitude, or pray for various situations in my life, I think I'm talking to that internal Buddha... the part of me that is Buddha and actually does work for what's in my best interest, even when the rest of me doesn't.
    It's hard to explain... I'm not sure I'm saying it right. yu ever read the Tibetan Book of the Dead? It keeps saying over and over that the colors, visions, and personalities, peaceful and wrathful, that it describes are merely projections of one's own mind. I see that as Buddha. Whether benign or terrifying, that part of my mind, my being, my soul, whatever you want to call it- that is always working toward my ultimate good... THAT, to me is Buddha. (Or "god," or whatever other name people hang on it.) So, when I thank Buddha or pray or whatever, someone IS there to hear it.
    (I do hope that made some sense as I said it... it's hard to explain. It makes emotional and logical sense, just hard to articulate.)

Kvon Thank you for your reply.

It was a feeling. I narrowed it down to Buddha and actually wasn't really sure what to be grateful to.

Gassho Will

Harry

That's what it was. I guess I could have just kept it to myself. Life goes on. Thanks.

Gassho Will

Aw well. Iguess I didn't say it well. LOL I tried.

No prob :wink:

Gassho Will