Thread: Jukai

Jukai

Hello Jundo,

I was just wondering what our current plans are for the Jukai. Any thoughts as to when it will be?

I was reminded yesterday when you noted that ‘Lust For Enlightenment’ is going to be required reading. Are there any other books we should begin acquiring and reading?

I realise your not exactly settled in yet, and so I’m not trying to rush the idea, I’m just curious.

Gassho,
    KElly

Re: Jukai

Okay okay ... I have to get moving on this too! :wink:

Sloth is not a Buddhist virtue. I'd better not wait too much longer!!

Gassho, Jundo

Can anybody come to this party? It's been years since my first, formal Jukai, but I've attended many since (though not through this lineage.) It's always been very helpful to remind me about the vows I took and the first moment the wagesa was placed around my neck. Still gives me chills. Also, might be nice for those of us who have already taken it to be there for support for those who are taking it for the first time. What do you say, Jundo? Any way I can help with anything (not that I have a clue how you intend to pull this off... :P )

In Gassho~

Lynn

Yeh, I was wondering the same thing Kelly. it keeps getting mentioned in passing but no more. Some more info on the when and how it'll be done etc of the jukai would be good.

In gassho, Kev

I sent Jundo a couple of pms about video conferencing. I don't know what you have planned big guy. I think that's a good option though, if anyone is familiar with that kind of stuff. I don't have too much experience with it.

G,W

Sorry Kev. That was just a general statement. Big guy is Jundo. I don't really know what he's doing.

G,W

LOL you can almost hear the chanting crowd...
    "Jooo-Kai! Joooooo-Kai1 Jooo-Kai!.... Jooo-Kai! Joooo-Kai!..........."

Oh, the natives grow restless! Okay, I'm working on it, working on it.

I am a little slowed up today as Nishijima Roshi is in hospital and I am trying to track down how he is doing.

Gassho, Jundo

Hope things aren't too bad, Wish him well.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    I am a little slowed up today as Nishijima Roshi is in hospital and I am trying to track down how he is doing.
    May he be Well.

Gassho

Wishing Roshi well.