Thread: A Sign

A Sign

Today...the first plum blossoms...

Re: A Sign

Lovely! A great post to start my mini-retreat. Thanks, Lynn.

Very nice!!!

Ron

Here too - one of the things I love about living in Vancouver's West End is the streets are full of cherry and apple blossoms in the Springtime. We even have a Sakura festival starting this year, but its not quite on the same level as blossom-mania in Japan. My girlfriend wants to throw a little hanami party with our friends. The neighborhood sure smells lovely though If it stops raining this week maybe I'll go out and do a sitting under one of them for fun...

Skye

Nice! Here, too, the signs of spring have shown...the snow is still over waist deep in the lowest parts but the potholes have arrived and are devouring tires and pedestrians alike :P. Here the blossoms should be out in ohhh say, JULY Snow fall to date here: 4.01m (13.15 feet) and still going o/ /o

Gassh-SNOW
    Dirk

Wow...beautiful, Skye! For whatever reason I know that variety of plum tree as a "Thunder Cherry" tree. I asked why and was told it was because one morning you see nothing, then you wake the next and the entire tree has "bloomed like thunder." Whether this is just urban tales, it's certainly my experience of them.

Awwwwww, Dirk! Hang in there, man! 13 feet??? Holy.... :shock:

http://asuradharma.blogspot.com/2008...y-blossom.html

A song, to accompany your beautiful pictures.

Gassho,
    Jordan

Well done Jordan.

Mmmm makes me think I need to get a copy of Tai Chi trees, a song me and my mate wrote whioe holed up in a bender up the woods watching a hailstorm this time of year a few years back.

In gassho, Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    Well done Jordan.

Mmmm makes me think I need to get a copy of Tai Chi trees, a song me and my mate wrote whioe holed up in a bender up the woods watching a hailstorm this time of year a few years back.

In gassho, Kev
    Thanks Kev!
    Can you do that tune in Kinko~Ryu notation http://www.shakuhachi.com/Y-FingeringChart.html?

hi Jordan,

do you mean can I write it down in that notation? I could write the shak. part, but that's just a part of the whole song, didge, gurdy and poetry. Watch this space....

Kev

PM me your email addy. I'm just trying to record the shak. bit. I'll send you an MP3 and scan of my appauling scrawl that looks vaguely like the notation on that link :lol: Don't understand the way the timing works but the MP3 should help, I've just done a squiggle down from the note if it's long :lol:

Kev

Stephanie

I'm about as ready for spring as a person can get.

As usual
    cherry blossoms bloom
    in my native place,
    their colour unchanged -
    spring

- Dogen