Thread: May all beings be happy, peaceful, and free

May all beings be happy, peaceful, and free

I vow to save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless
    I vow to transform all delusions, though delusions are inexhaustible
    I vow to percieve reality, though reality is boundless
    I vow to attain the enlightened way, a way unattainable

I wish smiles, happiness and joy for you on your journey.

Take Care perhaps we will meet again

Gassho Will

Where are you going Will?

I noticed that you've deleted nearly all of your posts? And you didn't answer my private message.

What happened Will?

Please reconsider, I enjoy your insight and opinions on things.

Don't let the opinions of others get under your skin.

Jun thank you for your post. This forum, however, seems like something that I can do without.

Jundo I must apologize for leaving you with all those deleted posts.

Gassho Will

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Jun thank you for your post. This forum, however, seems like something that I can do without.

Jundo I must apologize for leaving you with all those deleted posts.

Gassho Will
    Will,

Perhaps you just need a little break? Don't just up and leave please, take a break and pop back in now and then so we know you are ok.

The question really is can the forum do without you? I think not.

Hi Will,

No one can judge you, or judge what's best for you. Only you can do that for yourself. I sincerely hope you decide to stick around. In any case, I wish you all the best.

Gassho
    Ken

What happened?

Will,
    Thank you for all of your insights. I enjoyed your posts.

Ron

Love you Bro. Be well. I'll always be happy to hear how you are doing, so I'll leave it as until next time. Big Hugs and Gassho, -Louis

Hi, Will.
    I agree with Jun; take a little break maybe. My grandmother used to say "It takes all kinds."
    I hope that you will return soon.
    My best . . . Gassho,
    Bill

Hey Will,

Good bye for now. Take good care.

I understand how you feel. I've taken a recent break myself.

Whatever the future brings I wish you the best.

Gassho,

Greg

I hope you will reconsider, or at least visite from time to time.

But I respect whatever you feel is best.

Take care friend.
    Gassho,
    Kelly

well, I certainly hope you'll be back.

Too bad Will's leaving. I've read some of his posts, and they're interesting. It does seem like an extraordinary step to delete all his own posts (which are numerous). And now I see Harry is leaving too. Looks like both joined the same week. And neither would put a picture of themselves up. Hmmm. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but... nah. :wink:

Hi Will...bye, Will. Well, all things are impermanent. In the monastery so many people came and went that we got to calling samsara the "world of comings and goings." Enjoyed your offerings. Good luck with your music.

Now here, then there, and back again....like Frodo, Bilbo and Gandalf.

Be well, friend!! Take good care, watch for golums, give all dragons a kiss, all maidens a helping hand. Stop in every now and again to just say howdy.

With bows...

*Lynn

Hey Will!

All the Blessings of all the worlds to you, wherever you are, wherever you may go. I am sure the gate to the Treeleaf sangha will always remain open to you.

Gassho and a hug,

Hans

Stephanie
    Oh, the drama! The intrigue! The zzzzzzzzzz.... :roll:

Oh, the drama! The intrigue! The zzzzzzzzzz.... Rolling Eyes

Hi Stephanie,

I don't mean to drum up more drama. But, I don't find that comment very constructive giving the situation. Considering that sarcasm is what lead us down this road in the first place.

Please don't take this as a knock against you, I'd like to see us nip this trend in the butt before more damage is done.

take care,

Greg

Stephanie
    Gregor, well met. That was indeed not very constructive of me. I'm just a bit cynical when someone needs to make a big show of leaving an Internet forum. Saying goodbye is one thing, but going back and deleting all of one's posts... is that really necessary? It's a bit of a rude and destructive way to bow out.

I like Will and his posts, and I figure the guy's gotta do what he's gotta do... but I also figure he might as well get made fun of for it... :lol:

Hey Stephanie,

I respectfully disagree with you. I don't think making fun of each other is something we should be doing here. It would be nice if we could consider this forum a place free from the snarkiness that is so prevalent elsewhere on the web and in life.

I'm not trying to be preachy or single you out. I just feel a responsibility to speak out on this.

gassho,

Greg

Stephanie
    Friendly ribbing and teasing is one way I show affection... I like Will, and accept whatever he is doing, even if I find it silly. But I recognize that this sort of communication style doesn't always carry across well on the Internet, so consider it dropped.

If it's any help, I know exactly what you're trying to express Stephanie. But, ultimately it feeds the thing you're satirizing. Yay!

Skye

Stephanie
    Thanks for the empathy, Skye, and I agree that "ultimately it feeds the thing you're satirizing." Sometimes it really is better just not to open one's mouth (or start clacking away with one's fingers, etc.)... :wink: ops: :lol:

So yeah, apologies to anyone I offended. Was not my intention, but that doesn't change the result.

No offense taken Stephanie. I just want to see some healing here. I hope I did not offend you either.

gassho,

Greg
    I vow to save all sentient beings, though beings are numberless
    I vow to transform all delusions, though delusions are inexhaustible
    I vow to percieve reality, though reality is boundless
    I vow to attain the enlightened way, a way unattainable

I wish smiles, happiness and joy for you on your journey.

Take Care perhaps we will meet again

Gassho Will
    Not bad sentiments at all from our Dharma brother, Will. Hopefully we can apply this Bodhisattva vow to the situation at hand as well

Stephanie
    No offense taken at all. You seem like a nice Vermont hippie who just wants us all to get along, and who can be offended by that? :wink: I think maybe I've just been in New York for too long... :shock:

A koan from Eminem: "My middle finger won't go down. How can I wave?" :lol:

A koan from Eminem: "My middle finger won't go down. How can I wave?"

Put the other fingers up.
    Who the hell waves with their fingers down? That's not a wave, it's a fist! Waving a fist is totally different from waving in greeting.
    I'm thinking maybe Eminem isn't really the venerable philosophical sage he's cracked up to be...

Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by KvonNJ
    A koan from Eminem: "My middle finger won't go down. How can I wave?"

Put the other fingers up.
    Who the hell waves with their fingers down? That's not a wave, it's a fist! Waving a fist is totally different from waving in greeting.
    Excellent answer, KvonNJ! But the question is, How do you actualize putting the other fingers up??? :shock:

Pardon me, I think I may have heard too many talks by John Daido Loori :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by KvonNJ
    I'm thinking maybe Eminem isn't really the venerable philosophical sage he's cracked up to be...
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephanie wrote:
    Excellent answer, KvonNJ! But the question is, How do you actualize putting the other fingers up???
    Allegedly, Miles Davis was in the control room during a recording date and was listening to the playback of a track his quintet from the 50's had just recorded. Coltrane's solo went on and on and on and Miles asked him why he played so many more choruses than anyone else. Coltrane said something like "I had a lot to say, I just couldn't stop" to which Miles replied "take the damn horn out of your mouth."

So, raise the other fingers and wave . . .

Bill

Excellent answer, KvonNJ! But the question is, How do you actualize putting the other fingers up???

Pardon me, I think I may have heard too many talks by John Daido Loori

LOL
    It's easy. One puts one's thumb on the tip of ones nose, extends the fingers, and wiggles them vigorously.

Hey Will if ur still reading this -
    Take care
    Thank you for your insights, sharing your tunes and hey... i wouldnt have a zafu (well that lumpy thing i made that i sit on) with out your help

Deepest gassho my friend.

Dirk

Been a while since ive been on here for other reasons... ill post something more in a bit.

Hey Dirk,

Good to see you back. I think Will is doing alright, you can click on his profile and send him an email if you want.

take care,

Greg