Thread: Hello!

johnhoytaylor

Hello!

Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

I just thought I'd post an introduction as I'm new to the Treeleaf Zendo, and the forums.

So, hi I'm John, 24 and live in the UK. I've been studying Soto Zen Buddhism for around 2 years now, sitting on average 30-45 minutes every day. About 6 months ago I became aware of Gudo Nishijima, his teachings and the Dogen Sangha... long, long story short after reading a whole bunch of books, blogs etc I finally found Jundo's Treeleaf Zendo and so far his daily netcasts have been a great deal of help to me.

The teachings of Dogen and the focus of shikantaza zazen have always struck a chord with me and help me everyday in every aspect of my life, so naturally finding a sangha like this one has been a great comfort to me. Where I currently live there aren't many Zen groups I can sit with without traveling a few hours to get there (and that's not easy to do with a full-time job), and there is little to no possibility of instruction from a teacher. Anyway, I'll cut my ramble short and just say:

I look forward to sitting with you all and learning from and with you.

Be well,

John

Hi John,

Welcome, nice to have you here with us.

Gassho
    Ken

Welcome aboard!

Gassho,
    Jordan

welcome welcome daroo daroos

Hi John, welcome to Treeleaf from another John. In fact from another John Taylor! Hope that doesn't cause confusion. My photo should help - I'm slightly older than you - by about 40 years

Gassho,
    John

Hello John and Welcome to the Zendo.
    I'm also a "plebe" just joined a week ago.

michael c.

Welcome John. I can't believe this place has grown to the point where we need to specify "John Taylor from London", or "John Taylor in N. Ireland" We are going to need nicknames soon. :wink:

What part of London?

Hi John and welcome. nice to see another UK face here, although I'm no where near London.

Kev

Welcome John Taylor from London

Gassho,

Tony

Good morning!

Cheers,
    Kelly

Hello John from London.

I am quite a newbie here as well, and will need to introduce myself properly sooner or later. It will be sooner, as I am planning on writing a bit more about myself here tonight (I am sitting at work right now). I owe this to all of you here, as I have been sitting with Jundo and reading all your words here for some time now.

For now, I just want to say it is a pleasure and a great help to be a part of this Sangha.

Gassho,
    Agata

'Lo, John! Welcome and I hope you have some fun here! Always it is good to bring along a cuppa of Yorkshire Gold and a McVittie or two (the chocolate ones are the best!)

In Gassho~
    *Lynn

johnhoytaylor
    Wow! That was a lot of "HELLO"s to take in at once, but very much appreciated. Hi to all of you!

It's nice to know I share a name with someone else here, but also my passion for biscuits and cups of tea.

And another:

Welcome John!