I was reading through the thread that Dirk started regarding his struggle with posting his thoughts and it brought up something that I've been working on.

I used to be an AVID journaler...I've kept journals since I was 9 years old. I kept a journal all through my time in the monastery.

I got out of the monastery and then, *bamf*, just like that, I haven't journaled a word after 36 years of doing so. (I do jot down interesting dreams, sans commentary, but not day to day stuff anymore.) It's been three years now.

Now, this has worried me a bit. Sometimes I think it's just because I might understand a little bit more about the fleeting nature of thought. What I wrote in any moment immediately changed with the writing of it. So, what was/is the point of trying to capture something so impermanent? To see the changes in the thinking? To see growth? For me, the change in my thinking isn't as important as seeing the change in my interactions with others...if my actions are changing for the positive then I have more proof of a change of "mind" than any thousands of words on paper.

And still, I worry a bit that I'm in avoidance or in delusion or something. Can't quite put my finger on it at all.

Anyway...do you keep a journal? If so, why?

In Gassho~

*Lynn