Here in New Brunswick (yesterday) we had nearly 2 feet of snow drop in 12 hours. I spent my "snow day" - work was canceled - working 2x as hard shoveling the driveway (our gent that plows for us had his truck show its impermance :B).

Now we do not have a castle on top of a hill with 3 miles of drive to clear but none the less its a daunting task. I used that 3 hours of shoveling like a samu period, worked away at it with out thinking "UUUUGG this is going to take for ever" etc. Half a shovel load at a time, since i knew i had all day or longer to complete. I just took it easy. 2 hands on the shovel (hehe doesn't work well otherwise) and i actually enjoyed it. Despite the howling winds and constant snow in the face... i noted this when i was all done... i was frosty the zen-man?

Anywho no point to that i guess, just saying "hey thats cool" :B

Samui* Samu!!

Here is a couple of pics of our place around 7am yesterday (the snow was starting to subside then) oh and one from sunday for reference sake... i had just put up the "X"mas lights and took the shot so i could show my wife what they looked like (it was too cold for her to go look- funny thing was it wasn't too cold for ME to put them up LOL -20C [ -4 F])

before the storm:

and after:

Gassho
Dirk

*Sumui = cold tks to J for that tidbit