Thread: 'Sit-a-Long with Jundo' Talk for Today (Tues 10/16)

'Sit-a-Long with Jundo' Talk for Today (Tues 10/16)

Hi,

I don't usually post here to promote a particular talk on the blog, but I did write a little essay on the 'Leaf' that I think particularly useful.

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2007/10 ... cviii.html

It is as close as I can come, in a few short paragraphs, to explain why I must emphasize a radical, goalless, 'non-seeking' in the form of Zazen here at Treeleaf - why I am so insistent on that. If you would like to know how Dogen's methods, and 'Just Sitting' Zazen, differ from other Buddhist schools, other forms of meditation and spiritual teachings, it is the clearest I can make it.

Please have a look at the little essay once or twice. You may get something out of it (the essay ... not the Zazen!) :-)

Gassho, Jundo

That's really spot on. The more I've been sitting, and the more you've been telling us this, the more I'm understanding that it makes sense. Since I never bought into the idea of striving for enlightenment - I always thought it was a kind of grasping - this idea has always just made sense to me.

Kirk

I am looking forward to attending to the piece you offer. I am working this morning at a hospital in Jacksonville and will be working to maintain mindfulness in the midst of urgency and chaos. What better place to learn?!
    I have in the back of my mind the coming weekend with the Dalai Lama who will be in Atlanta, following the hip hop convention of BET....the Lama is riding the wave! As I discover more and more about the Tibetan tradition, I am struggling with some of the concepts. Thank you for providing even more information as to the wide swath of thought in Zen. And thank you for your honesty in who you are and what you believe.
    Blessings,
    David aka PapaDoc

Thanks Jundo.

Today's teaching was the BOMB!

Bill

At the risk of being redundant: I agree that this teaching is so clear and right on. It is the foundation of my practice. Thank you, Jundo, for these simple and profound words.

I plan on printing out a hardcopy and keeping it with my very limited library of what I feel are the best Zen teachings.

Gassho,
    Keith