Thread: possible photo section (looking for suggestions)

possible photo section (looking for suggestions)

Hi everyone. I was wondering what you think of adding a section for personal photos like: family, friends, trips, work, stuff like that.

And possibly a funny picture or humour section.

What do you think? Good idea?

Gassho Will

Well it's not my house, but that might be a good idea.

but only for the photogenic people.

but only for the photogenic people.
    hehe

Well it's not my house
    Actually it kind of is. The way I see it is that a Sangha is a group of people that get together to study and practice the Way or Buddhism. Of course, Jundo is the certified teacher on the forum and he has made this place for us to meet, but it's also up to the Sangha as well to make this a place that we want to meet at. Just my view.

That's kind of why I do the Photo sections and stuff. If I can't make a donation to the Sangha then I guess that just my form of Samu.

Gassho Will

Quote Originally Posted by will
    [The way I see it is that a Sangha is a group of people that get together to study and practice the Way or Buddhism. Of course, Jundo is the certified teacher on the forum and he has made this place for us to meet, but it's also up to the Sangha as well to make this a place that we want to meet at. Just my view.
    Will,

You obviously missed the part in the 'cult' discussion about my being infallible, and needing to approve all decisions about what goes on here. :-)

Actually, I agree with your philosophy about this place. I guess my main role around here is to break up fistfights (not necessary even once yet) and to keep some kind of focus of Zen, Zazen, Buddhism ... although people can really discuss anything they want on the forum. I suppose I will also continue to step in when I think that some assertion made by somebody is full of Dharma-baloney. That's my job, man.

Gassho, Jundo, Master of the Inquisition

Then if I may make a suggestion to the Infallible Grand Inquisitor Jundo.
    Could you please sticky Will's art topics? When folks get talkative, they can sink to the bottom of the page pretty fast.

Will,
    I get what you mean man, it takes all of us to make a groovy sangha.

R

If it is okay, I would prefer not to sticky any one topic. Just let things sink where they sink, and not keep anything artificially at the top of the list.

Gassho, Jundo the Infallible Forum Administrator

no problem here.

Rodney the babbling fool

Great music videos Will!!!

Jundo

By the way, with all the GREAT Calvin and Hobbes cartoons ... why did you have to pick that really creepy one?
    Haha. I actually wanted to find one where he's daydreaming, but I ran out of time. Had to go to class.

I think those are great. They are just so creative. I like the one where the snowman is blocking the drive way, if you've seen that. very funny.