Thread: Make your own zafu

Make your own zafu

I stumbled across this and thought that some of you might be interested. For the joy of it and financial reasons I like to make my own things whenever feasible. Anywyas, I'll be trying this out next week. If anyone has any advice it would be gladly heard.

make your own zafu

Sean--this is such a neat and helpful set of instructions.
    Before internet, it was very hard to find a zafu or find where to get one.
    It is very special to be able to make one's own. Thank you so much for sharing these insructions.
    gassho, Keishin

No problem Keishin. I can not wait to get back home so I can begin making mine. I will post pictures of the finished zafu. Next I'll have to make a zabuton, which I have instructions for as well if anyone is interested.

Peace,
    Sean

Well, here is the info on making a zabuton. Enjoy.

Peace,
    Sean

Thanks very much for these instructions, I will have to give them a go. Should be better than a pillow anyway

Quote Originally Posted by plankton
    Thanks very much for these instructions, I will have to give them a go. Should be better than a pillow anyway
    That's why I'm making one as well. A pillow is ok, but I don't feel that it gives me enough support for long periods of sitting.

Well, I finished my zafu, thanks to much help from my mom, and I thought I would post pictures so you all could see how it turned out.

Let me know what you think.

make your own zafu

what a goodlooking zafu! Thank you (and your mom) for sharing a photo of the finished product!

Hi Sean,

Nice work, congratulations to both you and your mom! BTW, what did you fill it with?

Gassho
    Kenneth

Kenneth,

Right now it is filled with polyester stuffing and cotton. This was made with scraps from around the house to make the cost as little as possible. If I make another one I'll use something else, but it works quite well. I can not complain.

Peace,
    Sean