Thread: Zazen Sitting with Daiman, Shosai, Rowan, Onki, and Tai Shi (Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr)

Zazen Sitting with Daiman, Shosai, Rowan, Onki, and Tai Shi (Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr)

Dear all

Beginning on Saturday 8 April 2023, this is where there will be updates to the 9am EST Zazen sittings on Monday through Friday each week.

Monday through Friday schedule (Mo, Fr: Tai Shi; Tu, Th: Meian; We: as yet unallocated)

Chant of the Verse of the Robe
    30 minute Zazen

Everyone is welcome!
    Last edited by Kokuu; 05-07-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Zazen Sitting with Meian, Onki, Shosai, & Tai Shi (Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr)

UPDATED SITTING SCHEDULE:

In order of days:

Tai Shi -- hosts Mondays and Fridays

Onki -- hosts Tuesdays and Thursdays

Wednesdays: Shosai (MichaelW)

(No Saturdays for now)

All days are hosted in the Treeleaf Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR), which can be found here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

We meet at 9am EST, and please check the Treeleaf Calendar for your local time: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

ALL are welcome to join us -- no previous experience is required.

We begin with the Verse of the Robe, but it's okay if you do not have a Rakusu. Just place hands in gassho () and follow along.

Note: If anyone has any questions about this sit, or scheduling issues -- please do contact me via Treeleaf messaging.

Thank you all for your practice.

Deep Bows, meian stlh
    Last edited by Meian; 06-08-2023 at 08:45 PM. Reason: schedule/host change
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Hello all,

This is just an announcement that this M-F sit group will be on hiatus until late January or early February of 2024.

Two of our hosts are stepping back for now, and it seems best to pause things while most of us are focused on the Ango and Jukai season beginning.

The M-F group will finish next Friday, September 1st -- in time for Ango to begin.

If anyone would like information on hosting in January or February, please feel free to message Meian directly, and they will explain how it works.

Our deep gratitude for the dedication and service of Onki, Shosai, and Tai Shi (who plans to return in time).

Deep Bows to all.

Gassho2 meian stlh
    Last edited by Meian; 08-26-2023 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Original post no longer accurate.

Thank you, Meian.

Gasshō,

On

Sat today

I can take the 9am slot. Only time this will be a problem is on Fridays in November when I start teaching an MBSR class at that time. It lasts 9 weeks. Other than that I can do this.
    I am in a training in September which will take away a Monday and Tuesday but maybe I find coverage.
    Gassho
    Daiman
    St/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daiman View Post
    I can take the 9am slot. Only time this will be a problem is on Fridays in November when I start teaching an MBSR class at that time. It lasts 9 weeks. Other than that I can do this.
    I am in a training in September which will take away a Monday and Tuesday but maybe I find coverage.
    Gassho
    Daiman
    St/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Daiman,

We are deeply grateful for your offer.

I may be able to pick up the Fridays that you will not be available, and I'll loop Shosai in as he has faithfully led Wednesdays for months as well.

We will message you both, and explore this option.

Gassho2 meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dear all,

It looks as though the M-F sit will continue without interruption, with Shosai, Daiman, and myself coordinating days.

Thank you both for stepping up.

, stlh

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Dear all,

It looks as though the M-F sit will continue without interruption, with Shosai, Daiman, and myself coordinating days.

Thank you both for stepping up.

, stlh
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello All,

The M-F sit is continuing with some personnel changes. The sit will be hosted by Shosai, Daiman, Rowan, Onki, and Tai Shi. I will be coordinating days. Onki also hosts this group on a Saturday and has his own schedule on the calendar.

This Friday there will be no scheduled sit due to the Shukke Tokudo "Home-leaving Ordination" for Doshin Randy Gray at that time. Also, Saturday with Onki will also be cancelled due to Rohatsu. We will resume on Monday December 4.

Gassho,

Daiman,
    St/LAH