Thread: The Hundred and first of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The Hundred and first of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

101) The Hundred and first Gate; Entry into the state of unrestricted speech

Entry into the state of unrestricted speech is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we attain realization of the Dharma-eye. (Nishijima/Cross)

Entering unhindered understanding is a gate of realizing dharma; it acquires and completes the dharma eye. (Tanahashi)

Gate Gatha:
    May we, together with all buddhas;
    Study the state of unrestricted speech
    That we may attain realization of the Dharma-eye.

Reflection Prompt: ( Comment on the following paragraph. )

The more we study and practice, the more we begin to see with our inner wisdom eye. Our physical eyes are part of our physical “pain body” constituted by our emotions. We are all familiar with the phrase, “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.” This reminds us that there is no ultimate truth in our visual perceptions. Through the training of wisdom, we can begin to see clearly and completely, in a way that we have never seen before. Once wisdom is attained there is no further need to restrict speech, it flows naturally. Entering this state of unrestricted speech gives one greater realization of Dharma meaning.

Capping Verse:
    Words born of wisdom—
    Dharma drips
    From each syllable

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you Shokai

I don’t know about “unrestricted speech” or “unhindered understanding” but I do find that over the years of practice I am better able to identify the stories I tell myself and where my perceptions cloud my view of what is.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

if i understood well:
    sitting is realization
    so take a seat.

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment