Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, March 26th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, March 26th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

***Please note because of the time change in Europe this Sunday we will be back to our regular time of sitting***

*DAY 396*

Please Join Us as we continue to sit for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

We will gather for the Sunday Sit on March 26, 2023, beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time. You can check the Treeleaf Calendar for your local time at https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" viewing can be found here: https://youtube.com/live/8vxuVgV4qA0?feature=share

The format of the sitting will be:
    - Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho 🙏

More missile strikes yesterday, deaths of civilians in Kviv, and a strike in Odessa which could not be intercepted and hit, sadly, a Russian Orthodox monastery ... other attacks this week as well ... tragic ...

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/03/...t-authorities/

Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

i am confused again.. Meian says: 3 pm Paris time, but the calendar says 2 pm CET.. AND the calendar says, that it corrects for daylightsaving time, but the time her in Belgium (CET, but the same as Paris) changed last night.

OK , i will be there at 2 pm, if nobody shows up i give it another try at 3 pm.

Of course, it is the Bodhisattva of Changing Times that induces this confusion: to teach us that you only can live with: i do not know

aprapti

will sit very soon

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    i am confused again.. Meian says: 3 pm Paris time, but the calendar says 2 pm CET.. AND the calendar says, that it corrects for daylightsaving time, but the time her in Belgium (CET, but the same as Paris) changed last night.

Of course, it is the Bodhisattva of Changing Times that induces this confusion: to teach us that you only can live with: i do not know

aprapti

will sit very soon
    I am not sure the time, but the confusion is caused as time has changed in North America for daylight savings, not yet in Europe.

Fortunately, as a Zen fellow, we are not bound by time and space at all!

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-26-2023 at 11:44 AM.

aprapti

will sit very soon
    Fairly certain we’re back to 3 PM, since we caught up to the US

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I am not sure the time, but the confusion is cause as time has changed in North America for daylight savings, not yet in Europe.

Fortunately, as a Zen fellow, we are not bound by time and space at all!

Gassho, J

stlah
    We have changed in Europe as well.

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

I am confused, too.
    Europe changed to DST yesterday night.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe the calendar entry needs to be adjusted.

Meian says 3pm Paris time and Washin posted on FB that we are back at the normal time (which is 3pm, too).
    The Sunday sit is now anchored in Kyiv timezone and not based on an US timezone any more.
    Maybe that confused the calendar?

Again, I am not 100% sure, but will be there at 3pm CET.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

at 2 pm two sitters i told them it will be at 3 pm..

aprapti

sit in one hour

at 2 pm two sitters i told them it will be at 3 pm..

aprapti

sit in one hour
    Zen folks are not bound by time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Zen folks are not bound by time.
    absolutely true, but sometimes a relative moment helps..

The beauty of recordings.

A side effect of running a truly global (universe-al?) sangha is that sometimes we enter a time warp, and things go wibbly wobbly with clocks and other time machines.

Apologies for the 'old' Doctor Who references, but sometimes "it do be like that", as my daughter would say.

Gassho2 stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.