Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, February 26 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, February 26 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

Please Join Us as we continue to sit for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

We will gather for the Sunday Sit on February 26, 2023, beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time. You can check the Treeleaf Calendar for your local time at https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" viewing can be found here: https://youtube.com/live/Fgk7UBf6HB8?feature=share
    The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho
    Washin & Shugen
    My life is my temple and my practice.

An inspiring story of how so many Ukranians pulled together with creativity (and tremendous courage) during this winter, in the dark and cold ...

Since October, Moscow’s forces have launched hundreds of missiles and drones at energy infrastructure far from the front line, temporarily cutting off electricity, heat and water to millions.

Their attacks appear to be aimed at breaking the country’s power grid and the will of the people with it — a campaign of terror that violates international law.

But Ukrainians have persevered through the cold and darkness.

... Temperatures in Ukraine during the winter months typically range between 23 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit (-4.8 C and 2 C), and regularly plunge to -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-21.6 C). Though this winter has been milder than most, life has been brutal for those in towns and villages pummelled in the country’s east, parts of which haven’t had electricity for months. ... “By using terror and cold, the Russians want to break our spirit and unity. They believe that cold will become their most effective weapon of subjugation, so they are trying to destroy our power generation facilities. They are also trying to break up our national power grid by targeting substations so that even if there is power, it cannot be transferred from one part of the country to another,” Yaroslav Demchenkov, Ukraine’s deputy energy minister, told CNN in late January.

“Russia is trying to steal the light from our homes, but they will not be able to put out the light inside Ukrainians or break our will,” he added.

Against all odds, Ukraine has managed to keep the grid from collapsing. The government introduced scheduled power outages in some cities and towns, disconnecting consumers for four-hour blocks three times a day to help conserve energy, while electrical engineering crews raced to make repairs.

During blackouts, doctors have carried out heart surgeries under headlamps, families have cooked meals on camping stoves in their apartments and students have done homework by battery-powered flashlights. Meanwhile, parents have taken their children to “points of invincibility,” tents equipped with generators, to get a hot cup of tea, charge phones and, according to one photograph that went viral, connect life-saving medical equipment.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...ack/index.html

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-25-2023 at 12:06 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

In my opinion, Ukrainians (including our own Brother Washin and others here) have been nothing short of awe-inspiring. An iron will is not to be trifled with.

Gives me chills when I think about my own tiny problems in the face of what Ukraine has prevailed against thus far.

thank you for sharing, Jundo.

Deep Bows meian stlh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    In my opinion, Ukrainians (including our own Brother Washin and others here) have been nothing short of awe-inspiring. An iron will is not to be trifled with.

Gives me chills when I think about my own tiny problems in the face of what Ukraine has prevailed against thus far.

thank you for sharing, Jundo.

Deep Bows meian stlh
    Truly awe inspiring.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

An iron will is not to be trifled with.
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you to everyone who sat and will sit as well as those sitting solo.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.