Thread: FSR: sitting alone ?

FSR: sitting alone ?

twice a day i sit in the FSR. In the morning somewhere between 10 and 11 am CET and in the evening, somewhere between 11 and 12 pm CET. Most of the times i sit there alone. But somehow it does not feel alone. Alone is not alone but all one..

Often i do on sunday a volunteers job on a place without wifi. So i sit at 15 pm CET with you all, but not in de SSR. Same thing: alone but not alone, all one..

every morning i take refuse in the buddha, the dharma and the sangha and part of that sangha are you guys in this world wide treeleaf zendo. Thanks for that!!

aprapti

sat (in the FSR )

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    twice a day i sit in the FSR. In the morning somewhere between 10 and 11 am CET and in the evening, somewhere between 11 and 12 pm CET. Most of the times i sit there alone. But somehow it does not feel alone. Alone is not alone but all one..

Often i do on sunday a volunteers job on a place without wifi. So i sit at 15 pm CET with you all, but not in de SSR. Same thing: alone but not alone, all one..

every morning i take refuse in the buddha, the dharma and the sangha and part of that sangha are you guys in this world wide treeleaf zendo. Thanks for that!!

aprapti

sat (in the FSR )
    We haven’t coincides in a bit.. I sit a bit later nowadays It’s always a pleasure when we do, though!

Sat Today lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Will001 View Post
    What is the FSR?
    when you click on Treeleaf NOW you'll come on a place with three tabs on the top. One of them is rooms. When you click that one, you'll see three rooms. One of these is the Free Sitting Room, a room where you can always enter to sit. Some times you will be the only one, sometimes others are there.

aprapti

sat

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritdove View Post
    This is an example of a forum I use to go to in Secondlife. It has voice ect.. a virtual 3d world. .kinda neat actually . They have real temple Buddhist priest speakers as well there as well but I think its Theravada not sure. Hope its ok to post its just an example
    Hah! This reminds me of the time I was invited as a guest teacher at one of them Secondlife Zazenkai, talking the Dharma to a group of pandas, unicorns and space creatures sitting Zazen. They made me look like this, which is who I am inside all the wrinkles I guess ... complete with 6-Pack Abs under those robes.

Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Spiritdove
    Oh wow thats neat. haha. Here is my avatar . I changed often. I was Spiritdove there about 10 years or more. Mainly just went to lectures sometimes and built stuff. Didn't socialize that much
    p-HR5-Aw-D0-Ri2-DHta6-Zjg5bw-view-Box-816-816-owner-Id-A2-HQ3484-RT1-DQ3-group-Share-Token-p-NKp.jpg

Marj "Spiritdove"
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post

aprapti

sat (in the FSR )
    That’s a great idea. I’ve not used the FSR before but I’ll try it out sometime.

gassho, andrea
    sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sat in the FSR a few times (including this evening!) and try to do so when possible. So far I believe I have been "alone" in there, but it feels qualitatively different to sitting solo/offline. I'm very grateful for this resource!

gassho
    Matt

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by MattN View Post
    I have sat in the FSR a few times (including this evening!) and try to do so when possible. So far I believe I have been "alone" in there, but it feels qualitatively different to sitting solo/offline. I'm very grateful for this resource!

gassho
    Matt

Sat today
    indeed. alone is not alone but all one..

aprapti

sat

Always connected, with or without the internet, words, text or sound.

Gasshō
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Would I need zoom or another app to connect there? I had all but forgotten it existed as I used it some time ago.

Maybe I can sit with you folks in the mornings.

Gassho
    Stlah

Kaisho/Chelsea

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisho View Post
    Would I need zoom or another app to connect there? I had all but forgotten it existed as I used it some time ago.

Maybe I can sit with you folks in the mornings.

Gassho
    Stlah

Kaisho/Chelsea

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
    Yes, zoom is all that’s required

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi