Thread: [Ecodharma] Domyo Burk Climate podcast

[Ecodharma] Domyo Burk Climate podcast

Dear all

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I only discovered today that Domyo Burk has a podcast about climate change from a Zen perspective. I also didn't know, although imagine that Doshin does, that she was previously a wildlife conservationist.

https://climateandyou.com/episodes-in-order/

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Thank you for this! I love her Zen Studies podcast and will check this out for sure.
    Veronica
    Stlah

Yes. Talked with her about her training. She told me she did not practice as such but went into Zen . However her love for the natural world was there.

Doshin
    St

Thank you!
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

I liked these quotes from her introductory podcast and how they intersect with Active Hope:

“ Taking action is essential not just because our contribution is needed in the struggle to save life on earth. It’s essential because as long as we stand by and do nothing, or hold back from doing what we see is really needed, we’re compromising the state of our own heart and mind. We suffer from cognitive dissonance, which is a state of mental and emotional stress caused by a lack of coherence between our behavior and what we know to be right. All aspects of our life are tinged with a sense of guilt and dread, even if we try to ignore it. On the other hand, as Greta Thunberg said, “Hope is not something that you have. Hope is something that you create, with your actions. Hope is something you manifest into the world, and once one person has hope, it can be contagious.”‘

Naiko
    st

I listened to that last night, Naiko, and the same words about hope jumped out! It is neat how it fits in so well with our book.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Thanks Kokuu, I’ve been looking for a new Buddhist podcast to listen to so will definitely check this out!
    Gassho,
    Dan
    STLAH

Thank you, Kokuu. I will also listen to the podcast.
    Gassho,
    Tai Do (Mateus)
    Satlah