Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, January 15 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, January 15 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on January 15, 2023, beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time. You can check the Treeleaf Calendar for your local time at https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" viewing can be found here:

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 30 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho
    Washin & Shugen
    My life is my temple and my practice.

I am sorry to report this again, almost every week now ...

Russia launched fresh waves of missile attacks across Ukraine on Saturday, killing at least nine people in a strike on an apartment block in the eastern city of Dnipro. A number of other cities, including Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odesa, were also hit.

Much of Ukraine is now under an emergency blackout after missiles hit power infrastructure in several cities.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64278733
    Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Brother Washin......may he be well, may he be safe, may he be at ease in all his ills.

May all sentient beings be well. May all be safe. May all of us be at ease in all our ills.

Gassho2 stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May all sentient beings be at peace, embracing all conditions of life. I hope Washin is well and safe. He is a source of peace in his presence.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you, Kokuu and everyone for this sitting. Thank you, Washin, for your practice and kindness amidst this senseless war - may you be well and safe.
    May there be peace in Ukraine and may violence end.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

May all be healthy, may all be prosperous, may all be well.
    May all be present, without past regret or future worry.
    May all dwell in constant appreciation, the source of great joy and contentment.
    May all know their true nature and the nature of reality, which is Awakening.

Sat today.
    Peace.
    Gassho!
    護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    May all sentient beings be at peace, embracing all conditions of life. I hope Washin is well and safe. He is a source of peace in his presence.
    me too, Onkai

Stlh

Stlh