Thread: [Ecodharma] Some Good News

[Ecodharma] Some Good News

Hello all,
    I just read that Norway is two years ahead of its 2025 goal to end the sale of ICE vehicles.
    https://electrek.co/2022/12/30/tomor...uxN7m1VWpiGvVI

Gassho,
    Naiko
    st
    Last edited by Naiko; 12-30-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Thank you for sharing.

Doshin
    St

Good news! Thank you for sharing

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Wonderful! I hope that other countries can follow suit. Electric vehicles still, of course, require power to be generated but any step towards reduced emissions is a great thing.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

It’s great news. And it makes me see how far behind my country is. I never saw an electrical car, but I know that in big Brazilian cities there are some. In my town, no day even talks about them.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah

Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    It’s great news. And it makes me see how far behind my country is. I never saw an electrical car, but I know that in big Brazilian cities there are some. In my town, no day even talks about them.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    Electric vehicles are definitely becoming more prevalent here in Ontario. Where I live it is not uncommon to see them on the road but definitely make up only a small percentage of the over all traffic. As you move closer to Toronto and particularly in the richer areas EVs and most notably Teslas are a lot easier to spot. Slowly but surely the transition is happening. Pretty much every conversation I’ve been a part of involving new car purchases, the person is looking at a hybrid or EV. Biggest problem right now is the wait time which can be 2+ years.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Just exchanged our ICE-car with an EV-car before xmas. A beautiful WV ID4 We are lucky to have almost all of our energy consumption supported by hydropower in Norway. So driving an EV is pretty green here. I am a proud Norwegian in this regard. I am a 'not so proud Norwegian' when considering all the oil and gas we produce and export...

Michael
    stlh
    Last edited by Hōzan; 01-09-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solenziz View Post
    Just exchanged our ICE-car with an EV-car before xmas. A beautiful WV ID4 We are lucky to have almost all of our energy consumption supported by hydropower in Norway. So driving an EV is pretty green here. I am a proud Norwegian in this regard. I am a 'not so proud Norwegian' when considering all the oil and gas we produce and export...

Michael
    stlh
    Congrats on your new EV, Michael! Yes, it’s an interesting situation-great progress on one hand, and business as usual on the other. The EcoDharma book club’s new book, Active Hope, discusses how both stories can be happening at once. This was a situation that immediately came to mind when I was reading the first chapter. Still, I think Norwegians can be proud of what they’ve accomplished so far. You’re so far ahead of the US. I read a follow up article to this one which stated that EVs are but a step in a greater plan to embrace more public transportation and walking/biking. Stories like this give me hope.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st