Thread: Tonglen Practice Circle - January 1, 2023

Tonglen Practice Circle - January 1, 2023

Hello Bodhisattvas!

This Sunday, *January 1, 2023*, there will be another special guided Tonglen Practice Circle for anyone who wishes to do taking and sending practice for themselves and everyone affected by current world situations and the fear and anxiety that can go with them.

This event will occur in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) at 8pm UK time (UST/GMT) and last for around 35 minutes. The Treeleaf calendar will translate the time into your local time zone.

https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" viewing can be found here:

We hope to see you there!

Gassho
    Kokuu and Washin
    Last edited by Meian; 12-29-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Just to note, Odesa and other places were hard hit again today ...

Power out in several regions ahead of New Year’s Eve

At least three people were killed and seven injured in the nationwide attacks, according to the Ukrainian State Emergency Service.

Russia’s onslaught on Thursday was aimed at the country’s electrical infrastructure, and knocked out power in several regions. Engineering crews were racing to restore services as the New Year’s holiday approaches this weekend.

Ukraine’s Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko said that Lviv, Kyiv and Odesa were particularly hard hit, and experiencing emergency power outages – when the electricity is protectively turned off to diminish damage from the grid shorting out.

“Today the enemy carried out another massive attack on the energy infrastructure of Ukraine,” Halushchenko said in a post on Facebook. “Unfortunately, there is some damage to generation facilities and power grids.”

Forty percent of Kyiv residents were without power, mayor Vitali Klitschko said, adding that this was due to security measures taken by power engineers during the air raid alarm and that they were now working to resume services. “The city is supplying heat and water in normal mode,” Klitschko said on the messaging app Telegram

http://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/29/eu...ntl/index.html

... n the south, Odessa governor Maksym Marchenko said air defence shot down 21 missiles over the region.

"Fragments of one of the enemy missiles fell onto a residential building, fortunately there were no casualties," he said.

He added that there was damage to energy infrastructure and emergency power cuts were enforced in the region.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...issile-barrage

Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you, Jundo. ~I had heard about the attacks on Kyiv but not Odessa.

I intent to be around for Tonglen on Sunday and the Sunday Sit.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

I will be there (both) for tech as needed.

stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you, Kokuu, Meian and everyone. Thank you, Washin, for your constant practice.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah