Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, January 1 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday, January 1 - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on *JANUARY 1, 2023,* beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

Livestream and "any-time" viewing can be found here:

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

Gassho
    Washin & Shugen
    Last edited by Meian; 12-29-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Just to note, Odesa and other places were hard hit again today ...

Power out in several regions ahead of New Year’s Eve

At least three people were killed and seven injured in the nationwide attacks, according to the Ukrainian State Emergency Service.

Russia’s onslaught on Thursday was aimed at the country’s electrical infrastructure, and knocked out power in several regions. Engineering crews were racing to restore services as the New Year’s holiday approaches this weekend.

Ukraine’s Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko said that Lviv, Kyiv and Odesa were particularly hard hit, and experiencing emergency power outages – when the electricity is protectively turned off to diminish damage from the grid shorting out.

“Today the enemy carried out another massive attack on the energy infrastructure of Ukraine,” Halushchenko said in a post on Facebook. “Unfortunately, there is some damage to generation facilities and power grids.”

Forty percent of Kyiv residents were without power, mayor Vitali Klitschko said, adding that this was due to security measures taken by power engineers during the air raid alarm and that they were now working to resume services. “The city is supplying heat and water in normal mode,” Klitschko said on the messaging app Telegram

http://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/29/eu...ntl/index.html

... In the south, Odessa governor Maksym Marchenko said air defence shot down 21 missiles over the region.

"Fragments of one of the enemy missiles fell onto a residential building, fortunately there were no casualties," he said.

He added that there was damage to energy infrastructure and emergency power cuts were enforced in the region.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...issile-barrage

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-02-2023 at 03:41 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for the post Meian, and for sharing the update, Jundo.

We were getting close to a more or less stabilized situation before the latest strike but now
    things with the outage scheduling got messy again.

Anyhow... I will try to be there live. Otherwise, will sit off the grid yet with all of you.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you, Washin, for creating this space for peace and for your practice. Thank you, Kokuu, for hosting today. I practiced across space and time.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you, Washin, for this sitting for peace. Thank you, Kokuu, for hosting this sitting. Thank you all for your support and practice.
    May this new year bring peace to Ukraine and the world; may violence ends; may there be hope for a better and peaceful future.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!