Thread: ALERT: Time for Rakusu Mailing Addresses!

ALERT: Time for Rakusu Mailing Addresses!

Hi All Rakusu Sewers,

It is time to let me (Jundo) know your mailing address for the Rakusu back panel, to be inscribed for the Jukai Ceremony in January. You work either needs to be done and already approved by Shinshi, Kotei and Bion, or they have accepted your commitment to finish due to special circumstances.

I will sign and stamp the back panel here in Japan, then mail it to you on uncut fabric, whereupon you will cut the inscribed panel to size and sew it into your Rakusu. Thus, at this time, you should complete or have completed your Rakusu except for the back panel (and the few steps which follow that). The mailing to you will also include Lineage Charts stamped and inscribed by me, which I will ask you to hold in trust pending the Ceremony. I will not ask you to send me postage to cover the mailing to you but, instead, will ask you to make the charitable contribution discussed below, assuming that you have the ability now to do so.

If you will be ready, please contact me immediately at this email WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. I would appreciate an email instead of a PM please for addresses. Thank you.

jundotreeleaf[a]gmail.com

IT IS HELPFUL IF YOU WRITE "RAKUSU MAILING" IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE when writing me. In fact, if you have previously sent me your address, it is very helpful for you to do so again!! Just to reconfirm. Also, it is helpful if you include your FORUM NAME AND given name too. Also, for international mailings, a telephone number is often asked by the post office.

IF THIS IS A SECOND RAKUSU, AND I HAVE DONE ANOTHER RAKUSU FOR YOU IN YEARS PAST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW (as the style is a little different in each case).

It is traditional to offer a small donation (called 'Fuse') to the Preceptor bestowing the Precepts when receiving Jukai. Instead, if you can afford, I ask you to make a donation to a reputable public charity of your choosing that helps people (for example, working to cure a disease, feed the poor, assist refugees, working for peace without being political, etc.). We suggest a donation in an amount of $100 US (the equivalent in your currency), provided however, that we ask that those with the economic ability give substantially more as they feel is right ... and those who cannot should give what they can afford. We trust you to do so, leave it to you hearts and make no demand. As with all giving (Dana) ... I suggest to give to the point that there is some sense of sacrifice involved.

After that, should you wish also to make a donation to Treeleaf, that is fine and we thank you as well [TREELEAF DONATION]. It helps. However, all Donations to Treeleaf are purely voluntary, without obligation, according to ability, and as one feels in one’s heart. There is no obligation, and any donation to Treeleaf should come only after the donation to a public charity as above.

The Fudes (writing brushes) are ready to roll!

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday!Lah
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-08-2022 at 12:04 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

What an exciting time ! Very happy for everyone taking Jukai!

Sat Today lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi