Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday December 11th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday December 11th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on December 11th beginning at 7 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in Ukrainian.

Gassho
    Washin & Shugen
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

The livestream is available here and any-time after:

gassho meian stlh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Odesa has been hit again this weekend, power situation very bad ...

Ukraine’s Odesa plunged into darkness after energy facilities hit
    Zelenskyy said that more than 1.5 million people in the southern Ukrainian port city were without electricity.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Saturday that more than 1.5 million people in the southern Ukrainian port city of Odesa and the surrounding region had no electricity, and he described the situation as very difficult.

All non-critical infrastructure in Odesa was left without power after Russia used Iranian-made drones to hit two energy facilities, Ukrainian authorities said, adding it could take months to repair the damage.

“As of now, the city is without electricity,” Kyrylo Tymoshenko, deputy head of the presidential administration, said on messaging app Telegram.

Only critical infrastructure, including hospitals and maternity wards, had access to electricity.

Russia began targeting Ukraine’s infrastructure as they withdrew after suffering humiliating military defeats.

On Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin promised to keep battering Ukraine’s energy grid despite an outcry against the attacks that have plunged millions into cold and darkness as temperatures dipped.

The regional administration said people who relied solely on electricity to power their homes should consider leaving.

Officials said Russian strikes hit key transmission lines and equipment in the early hours of Saturday.

“According to preliminary forecasts, it will take much more time to restore energy facilities in the Odesa region than after previous attacks,” the administration said.

“We are talking not about days, but even weeks and possibly even two to three months,” it said in a Facebook post.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...facilities-hit
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I have asked Onkai if she can cover the Sunday Sit if Washin cannot be there and I will be there for Tonglen tonight.

I am sorry that Ukraine continues to experience so many attacks on its infrastructure which are just so inhumane in the winter weather.

Gassho
    Kokuu

The Sunday Sit for Peace is a lovely tradition I'm glad to keep going, but the situation in Ukraine is heartbreaking.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    The Sunday Sit for Peace is a lovely tradition I'm glad to keep going, but the situation in Ukraine is heartbreaking.
    Gassho2

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Sat for peace in Ukraine and the world (on demand).
    May the violence end and human beings stop destroying lives - it feels me with sadness an even guilty for what people do to each other.
    May Washin be back with us for peaceful sitting next Sunday.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!