Thread: Tonglen Practice Circle - December 11, 2022

Tonglen Practice Circle - December 11, 2022

Hello Everyone!

We welcome everyone to join us this Sunday, December 11, 2022, for a guided Tonglen Practice Circle and zazen. The purpose of Tonglen Practice is for anyone who wishes to do taking and sending practice for themselves and others. No prior experience is required -- it is fine to just come and sit with us also.

If you would like to learn more about Tonglen practice and how it's done, please visit here: About Tonglen Practice Circle

This event will occur in the Treeleaf Scheduled Sitting Room: at 7pm UK time (UST/GMT) and last for around 35 minutes. The Treeleaf calendar will translate the time into your local time zone.

You can also view one-way (and any time after) via Livestream at:

All are welcome -- please, join us!

Gassho
    Kokuu and Washin
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Just to warn people that it may be the case that neither Washin or I are there to lead Tonglen this Sunday. If that happens then please either sit Zazen for thirty minutes, or one of you who is a regular attendee might bring a bell and lead Tonglen as usual. It is not terribly complicated and can be done with or without the Verse of Atonement and Four Vows at the end.

As a reminder, the structure is:

10 minutes Zazen
    5 minutes of Taking and Sending for ourselves
    10 minutes of Taking and Sending for our chosen group of sentient beings e.g. those involved in the Ukrainian war or the indigenous people, animals and plants of the Amazonian rainforest
    5 minutes of Taking and Sending for all sentient beings.

If anyone would like to volunteer to lead on a more regular basis in case this happens again (which it may well do considering the current situation regarding power in Ukraine) that would be really helpful.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Hi Kokuu,
    I am present most weeks, so I could lead if needed. This week, unfortunately, I can’t. I am in bed with whatever virus is currently making the rounds.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st, briefly

No worries, Naiko. I hope you feel better soon.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Sat with you all tonight in the FSR; thank you aprapti and Ross for sitting with me in the FSR.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!