Thread: Ryaku Fusatsu - Thursday, 8 December, 2022

Ryaku Fusatsu - Thursday, 8 December, 2022

Dear Sangha

Please join us for the "last Ryaku Fusatsu of 2022" Until January, 2023, that is....

This month, we will gather to re-affirm the precepts and our practice on Thursday, 8 December, 2022. The history of the monthly Full Moon Ceremony is explained here: https://tinyurl.com/About-Ryaku-Fusatsu

To find your local time for Ryaku Fusatsu, please see the Treeleaf calendar, which will automatically adjust to your time zone:
    https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

The Ryaku Fusatsu ceremony will be held in the scheduled sitting room, which can be found here:
    https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

You can also join on livestream and "any-time" after here:

If you wish to join, please ensure you have a copy of the ceremony available -- you can download it here: https://tinyurl.com/RF-Ceremony

It is appropriate to use a small table with a bowl of water and leaf/small piece of foliage. You may also add flowers and/or a candle if you wish.

All are welcome -- there is no need to have previously taken the precepts. We hope you can join us!

gassho
    My life is my temple and my practice.

aaaargh..
    its not in the calendar..

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Quote Originally Posted by aprapti View Post
    aaaargh..
    its not in the calendar..

aprapti

sat
    Because it is not automatically added, it needs to be done manually, and that is not always a fast thing to get done. Thanks for the heads up.

Sat Today lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you for letting me know, aprapti.

The date is different every month, which (I'm not sure) may be difficult to have an automated schedule for it. I do not manage Treeleaf calendar.

However, I've screenshot a few times/zones via Time Buddy, so maybe this will help.

I have:

Canterbury, UK (5pm or GMT+5);

Barcelona 6pm CET;

Kyiv 7pm EET

Philadelphia, US 12pm EST / LA 9am PST

Tonglen starts at 5pm UK time, or GMT+5.

Attaching the screenshot in case it's useful.

gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From now on I will add several time zones to the post with info to convert them.

Hope this will help.

Gassho2 meian

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    From now on I will add several time zones to the post with info to convert them.

Hope this will help.

Gassho2 meian

I think what Aprapti means is that he checks the calendar regularly and uses that to see when things happen. Forum posts are easy to miss.
    But it has been added now!

Sat today lah
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    I think what Aprapti means is that he checks the calendar regularly and uses that to see when things happen. Forum posts are easy to miss.
    But it has been added now!

Sat today lah
    I understand -- I do the same.

However, this has been an issue for others also. I can easily convert time zones in my head for several countries (but that's me). But beyond those several -- and DST inconsistencies -- I use an app to calculate the rest.

Jundo, Washin, and (I think) a few others include general times/zones in their posts. I think it's a good idea to have uniformity in that area - and I don't think it can't hurt anything.

meian stlh

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    I understand -- I do the same.

However, this has been an issue for others also. I can easily convert time zones in my head for several countries (but that's me). But beyond those several -- and DST inconsistencies -- I use an app to calculate the rest.

Jundo, Washin, and (I think) a few others include general times/zones in their posts. I think it's a good idea to have uniformity in that area - and I don't think it can't hurt anything.

meian stlh

Oh sure. You know what I meant.

Sat Today lah
    Bion

When I get a new calendar, I will go through and set all of the dates for 2023 as best as I can.

Or else I could try and get access to the calendar to be able to post them myself.

Anyway, hope to see you all tomorrow.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Because it is not automatically added, it needs to be done manually, and that is not always a fast thing to get done. Thanks for the heads up.

Sat Today lah
    i do not now your procedures, but i would place something in the calendar BEFORE announcing it..

aprapti

sat

i do not now your procedures, but i would place something in the calendar BEFORE announcing it..

aprapti

sat
    It’s different tasks and different people doing them. I’m just like you and don’t know when things will be posted and since the date for this changes monthly, someone goes in and adds that entry, someone who doesn’t necessarily know when the event will happen, before it is announced. That’s why it’s so valuable when we all work together as a sangha, and you point this out to Meian, Meian can get in touch with someone else and eventually everything gets done! It takes a village So, thanks again for catching that!

Sat today lah
    Bion

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post

Anyway, hope to see you all tomorrow.
    i made a lot of fuss, and now i see i will not be back home in time, tomorrow..

aprapti

sat

It takes a village So, thanks again for catching that!

Sat today lah
    i see, one to announce it, one to not announce it, one to announce and not announce it and one to not announce and not not announce it..

aprapti

sat

i see, one to announce it, one to not announce it, one to announce and not announce it and one to not announce and not not announce it..

aprapti

sat
    ACCURATE

Sat today lah
    Bion

Thank you very much, Kokuu and everyone, for this touching ceremony.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Thank you Kokuu, thank you everyone!
    Bion, your window has a lovely view today
    Gassho, Kiri
    Sat/Lah
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Thank you all for coming. It is lovely to practice together!

Gassho
    Kokuu

A lovely practice, thank you for sharing it.

I hope it is okay that I join with my camera off, I am always a little anxious about being the only one not turning it on, though I know deep down it doesn't matter.
    I am at work when these happen, and do the ceremony in my car. I leave my camera off as I imagine my background is distracting, at best.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    SatLah
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

It is completely okay to join with your camera off. Hopefully the ceremony might help put you at ease. Metta to you, and this is an issue that I can relate to all too well.

Gassho, meian stlh

Inviato dal mio SM-G975U utilizzando Tapatalk