Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday November 27th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday November 27th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on November 27th beginning at 7 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in English.

Gassho
    Washin & Shugen
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Just a note that electricity in Odessa remains a concern, even as the Ukrainians do amazing work to get the power back on after missile strikes, so some possibility that Washin will be without power ...

Russia unleashed a new missile onslaught on Ukraine's battered energy grid Wednesday, robbing cities of power, water and public transport services, compounding the hardship of winter for millions.

The aerial mauling of power supplies also took nuclear plants and internet links offline.

Euronews International Correspondent Anelise Borges was in Odesa as residents braced for a dark and cold night, "across Ukraine, cities have been plunged into total darkness this Wednesday evening."

"After Russian strikes hit critical infrastructure affecting power distribution in the capital, Kyiv, in the western city of Lviv, in Ukraine's second-largest city, Kharkiv, and also here in the southern port city of Odesa," she said.

"Three power stations have been disconnected from the nationwide network spelling even more difficulties ahead for millions of civilians stuck in affected areas.

"In the city of Kherson, recently recaptured by Ukrainian troops, we witnessed today a mixture of relief and happiness, but also apprehension, fear, and even hunger.

"After months of Russian occupation, civilians there are now completely dependent on humanitarian aid to survive" she added.

Late Wednesday and well after dark, the deputy head of Ukraine’s presidential office said that Kyiv and over a dozen regions, including Lviv and Odesa in the south, had been reconnected to the power grid.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/11/24/...rts-from-odesa

Other areas of Ukraine have been hit very badly this week ...

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-25-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello all,

Livestreaming and "any-time" viewing can be found here:

May Peace prevail *everywhere* and may all sentient beings be liberated from suffering.

gassho / stlh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Satellite photos show the difference in illumination from Ukraine from January, on the left, to November, on the right. (NASA Worldview)
    https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-...3ecf17a0c07f21

... It is winter, people depend on the power for their heat in much of the country, plus hospitals are without power ...
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

... It is winter, people depend on the power for their heat in much of the country, plus hospitals are without power ...
    as of last week...

here in Odessa, and in my area, on weekdays we were given power only some hours at night
    that nevertheless enabled the home appliances to restore a little. Other regions suffered from a worse
    situation. The government is doing its best to get the situation stabilized as soon as possible although
    the scheduled outages are said to continue. The whole infrastructure needs time for a full recovery.

I hope I will be able to be there live tomorrow. Otherwise, will sit with you all in my heart.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you, Kokuu and everyone for this sit for peace. I practiced with Washin and Ukraine in my heart, and am sending metta to all touched by the war.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    sat lah.
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you, Washin, Kokuu, Meian and everyone. I sat for peace together with you all. May peace prevail and war and violence come to an end soon.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah