Thread: Tracking unread threads

Tracking unread threads

Hi all. I am not seeing a way to track where I am in a series. I am working my way through the beginner talks and the Buddhist basics. I use a combination of Tapatalk on my phone, and chrome browser on my laptop.
    Veronica
    Sat today.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hi Veronica,

Hopefully someone will come along with better ideas. The only thing I know of is to use the link at the top left of each page that has the label: New Posts. It is right under the Home link. That will show you every thread that has been updated since your last visit. But it doesn't keep track of what you have read. It just shows new posts since your last visit.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshi View Post
    Hi Veronica,

Hopefully someone will come along with better ideas. The only thing I know of is to use the link at the top left of each page that has the label: New Posts. It is right under the Home link. That will show you every thread that has been updated since your last visit. But it doesn't keep track of what you have read. It just shows new posts since your last visit.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    I think that a pencil and paper, or one's own memory, are the only solutions to keep track of what you have watched.

One thing I do for shows while I am on the exercise bike (I am now watching "Mr. Robot" Season 4, followed by the latest episode of Bill Mahr or John Oliver, with a Colbert monologue tossed in while on my 90 minute 4 x weekly stationary bike ride ... weight training at gym with podcasts on the other 3 days ) is copy the last episodes I have watched/heard to my browser bookmarks bar, then just click on it next time, jump to the next episode and repeat.

Gassho, Jundo (maybe in better shape than I look. )

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-24-2022 at 12:28 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I think that a pencil and paper, or one's own memory, are the only solutions to keep track of what you have watched.

One thing I do for shows while I am on the exercise bike (I am now watching "Mr. Robot" Season 4, followed by the latest episode of Bill Mahr or John Oliver, with a Colbert monologue tossed in while on my 90 minute 4 x weekly stationary bike ride ... weight training at gym with podcasts on the other 3 days ) is copy the last episodes I have watched/heard to my browser bookmarks bar, then just click on it next time, jump to the next episode and repeat.

Gassho, Jundo (maybe in better shape than I look. )

stlah
    Ok perfect thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious. I am currently working my way through Star Trek Deep Space 9.
    Veronica

Star Trek Deep Space 9.
    Ah, all Trekkies welcome in our Sangha!

Deep Space 9 was quite a good series when watched straight through. Many exercise bike hours on all the Star Trek series, in fact.

Dax style Zazen ...

tsuku.jpg

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-24-2022 at 07:54 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Ah, all Trekkies welcome in our Sangha!

Deep Space 9 was quite a good series when watched straight through. Many exercise bike hours on all the Star Trek series, in fact.

Dax style Zazen ...

tsuku.jpg

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk