Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday November 20th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday November 20th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Hello all,

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on November 20th beginning at 7 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, and 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in Ukrainian.

Gassho,
    Washin & Shugen
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Be aware ... Washin has almost no electrical power most of the day ... he may or may not be there in person ...

A barrage of Russian missiles hit cities across Ukraine, knocking out power
    Updated November 15, 2022

Russia unleashed a wave of missile strikes Tuesday at cities across Ukraine, hitting residential buildings and knocking out electricity in urban areas, in one of the most intense air assaults of the war.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said the Russian barrage included 85 missiles in the space of a couple hours on Tuesday afternoon and evening.

Ukraine shot down some of the incoming missiles, but others reached their targets in the capital Kyiv, the northeastern city Kharkiv, the western city of Lviv, and the southern city of Odesa, among others.
    We have members in Lviv and Washin is in Odesa.

For the massive launch of missiles, Russia has attracted 14 Tu-95 strategic missile carriers, ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet and Iranian Shahed-136/131 kamikaze attack drones.

“In total, more than 90 missiles were fired: about 70 air-launched Kh-101 / Kh-555 cruise missiles from the north of the Caspian Sea and from the Volgodonsk region (Rostov Region), as well as about 20 sea-based Kalibr missiles from the Black Sea and 10 kamikaze drones,” the statement said.

According to preliminary data, the air defense destroyed 73 enemy cruise missiles and all 10 kamikaze drones.

The military emphasizes that the enemy continues to use high-precision weapons against Ukraine’s critical infrastructure. Also, as a result of rocket strikes, apartment buildings were also damaged.
    https://odessa-journal.com/massive-r...les-shot-down/
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I intend to be there each Sunday to stand in if needed. If I cannot I will arrange for another unsui to do so.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Livestream and "any-time" viewing will be available here:

May all find healing and be released from the Three Poisons.

, meian stlh
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you, Washin, for this sitting for peace. Thank you, Meian, for bringing this sitting to us.
    May there peace in the world and may there be no more suffering because of war and violence.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah