Thread: Tonglen Practice Circle - 30 October, 2022

Tonglen Practice Circle - 30 October, 2022

Hello Treeleaf Sangha!

We welcome everyone to join us this Sunday, 30 October, 2022, for a guided Tonglen Practice Circle and zazen. The purpose of Tonglen Practice is for anyone who wishes to do taking and sending practice for themselves and others. No prior experience is required -- it is fine to just come and sit zazen with us also.

If you would like to learn more about Tonglen practice and how it's done, please visit here: About Tonglen Practice Circle

This event will occur in the Treeleaf Scheduled Sitting Room: at 7pm UK time (UST/GMT) and last for around 35 minutes. The Treeleaf calendar will translate the time into your local time zone.

***PLEASE NOTE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME IS ENDING in various countries. *Please Consult" the Treeleaf Calendar (link above) to find your correct local time.

You can also view one-way (and any time after) via Livestream at:

All are welcome -- please, join us!

Gassho
    Kokuu and Washin
    My life is my temple and my practice.

CORRECTION: This event will occur in the Treeleaf Scheduled Sitting Room: at 8 pm UK time (UST/GMT) and last for around 35 minutes. The Treeleaf calendar will translate the time into your local time zone.

Gassho,
    Washin
    StLah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hey everyone,

Is Tonglen going to be at 4PM Eastern time from now on or is this a temporary "daylight savings" bump in the road? Unfortunately 4pm doesn't work for me so I'm going to catch this week on recording.

I did pick up the Norman Fischer book that was recommended a couple weeks ago - it just arrived yesterday, I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Gassho,
    SatLah
    Kelly

Hi Kelly,

This is only one time for tonight's Tonglen. Next Sunday the US will change time and everything will go as before.

I did pick up the Norman Fischer book that was recommended a couple weeks ago - it just arrived yesterday, I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Gassho
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.