Thread: [ECODHARMA] Article: Boston, MA bans astro-turf

[ECODHARMA] Article: Boston, MA bans astro-turf

When I visited Boston a couple years ago, it struck me as a rather progressive city, as well as eco-conscious. If I understand this correctly, banning astro-turf is part of that vision.

"Boston has become the largest municipality in the U.S. to ban astro turf in city parks. The reason? The artificial grass is made with the toxic forever chemicals known as per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), which are linked to a host of negative health effects from cancer to immune suppression to reproductive problems."

https://www.ecowatch.com/boston-astr...chemicals.html

Gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-04-2022 at 01:10 AM.
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thanks for sharing that, Meian. I hadn’t heard that. Mayor Wu has initiated a number of sustainability projects recently, including an inventory and conversion to LEDs of the city’s exterior lights, and a new zoning code requiring all new buildings over 20,000 sq ft and housing projects with more than 15 units must immediately achieve net zero emissions. I am impressed to see more than talk and goals.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

Oh, I missed this yesteday! Thank you for sharing, Meian.

That sounds like a really good initiative to go ith the other projects that Naiko listed. Great to see a major city commit to all of this.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-