Thread: A Trip to Infinity

A Trip to Infinity

There is a documentary on Netflix that is a complete waste of time (and the unwastable timeless) for Zen Folks ...

Quite simply, infinity fades into ... and is ... nothingness, and also infinity (in vastness or in infinite smallness) is fully contained in each and every digit along the way. Infinity is neither large nor small when we drop from mind all contrast of "large vs. small," and it is fully contained as everything and the tinyiest anything.

Problem solved.

These mathematicians seem to be thinking in either/or propositions, thus they are lost in infinity.

Gassho, J (a finite being who is infinite, as are you)

Pardon me for breaching the 3 sentence rule ... also infinite.

stlah

Last edited by Jundo; 09-27-2022 at 03:20 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Infinite thanks

Gassho
    Rocío
    ST

A quote by Robert Aitken:

"Operating superficially, the mind is random in its activity and stale in its insights and images. With practice and experience, however, it is recognized as the empty infinity of the universe and of the self."

When I first read this, quoted in a book called Emerson and Zen Buddhism, I had a profound insight. I understood that infinity is the nothingness of suchness.

Gassho,

Ryūmon (Kirk)

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

infinity is the nothingness of suchness.
    I like this, Thank you Kirk and Jundo

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Erroneous quote from this "Infinity" trip ...

" ... I was just a speck that didn't matter [in the vastness of the universe] ... we are all just specks, living in this brief moment, none of us were here a million years ago, none of use will be here a million years from now ... it just goes on and on ..."

The Zenny response:

Every speck fully is all that matters, and we are every brief moment and infinity, we are a million years now or hence, all goes on and on and we go on and on ...
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    The Zenny response:

Every speck fully is all that matters, and we are every brief moment and infinity, we are a million years now or hence, all goes on and on and we go on and on ...
    Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Are you familiar with David Bohm? (She asks as if she didn't already know the answer. )

There's a wonderful documentary about him -- Infinite Potential: The Life and Ideas of David Bohm. He's a pretty cool dude.

Gassho,

Aimee
    satlahtoday
    Aimee B.