Thread: A good feeling after zazen

A good feeling after zazen

Today I was sitting for about 15 minutes and it was going same as always, but when I thinked in get up I just got still for about 10 minutes, in the moment I was neither happy nor sad I was just aware of me, it felt like I was sure that I was real. And I had no desire to get up, to be honest I wanted to stay like that for the most time I could, after some time this feeling just gone away and I got up the same as always

Just wanted to put this here and ask your experience about this

Sorry for my rust english.

Gassho,
    Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    Today I was sitting for about 15 minutes and it was going same as always, but when I thinked in get up I just got still for about 10 minutes, in the moment I was neither happy nor sad I was just aware of me, it felt like I was sure that I was real. And I had no desire to get up, to be honest I wanted to stay like that for the most time I could, after some time this feeling just gone away and I got up the same as always

Just wanted to put this here and ask your experience about this

Sorry for my rust english.

Gassho,
    Sat Today
    Hi Caio,

Welcome again.

Just remember that these pleasant and insightful states are just the journey. Each sitting is different. It is not about having, keeping or returning to any desired state, but just radical equanimity about the whole journey. Tomorrow, maybe very different or even stormy. That is okay too if one has radical acceptance, allowing, equanimity. Allow today to be today, next time to be next time.

Some folks think that the point of meditation is to attain and keep these states permanently. Shikantaza is a little different, for Shikantaza allows and is at peace with each moment as perfectly that moment, the True Peace that does not even need to feel "peaceful" all the time.

Good feeling is perfectly good feeling ... bad feeling or so so feeling are each perfectly bad feeling or so so feeling when we do not resist and demand "I want only good feeling!!" Then, even bad feeling is Good.

Just like any journey, keep going even if it is not always so pleasant and peaceful.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Lovely reminder, thank you Jundo. I feel like coming back to this equanimity is key, because we easily become trapped by wanting our sitting (and life at large) to be peaceful.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat