Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SITTING TOGETHER DURING ANGO

SITTING TOGETHER DURING ANGO

Hello friends,

One of my Ango commitments every year is to extend my usual daily sit and to add a second sit to each day. This year I thought it might be a nice thing to invite everyone to sit with me or maybe just keep the zendo door open while I´m in, so we´ve added a new scheduled sit on the calendar, starting this Saturday, after our Monthly Zazenkai marking the beginngin of Ango, from 8 PM Madrid time, 7 PM London, 2 PM New York, 11 AM Los Angeles, (for other time zones, the calendar magically adjusts, as you know) in our Scheduled Sitting Room

I don´t mean for this to be a terribly formal affair, so if the time suits you and you are up for a shorter than usual evening / mid-day sit, I´d be happy to sit with you and keep the time. We´ll be sitting for 25 minutes. If you should come by please already have your okesa or rakusu on if you have one, since we won’t be reciting the kesa verse. I hope we sit together a lot during this Ango.

For more details (including a timezone-converter / selector) see the calendar on Treeleaf NOW: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Sat Today
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-06-2022 at 11:42 PM.
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Lovely
    Thank you friend.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    Sat
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

A wonderful commitment for yourself and service for the Sangha.

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Thank you, Bion. I'll try to be there.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Thank you, Bion. I'll try to be there.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah

Sat Today
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Oh, I am so humbled that you all came to sit with me! Onkai, Nengyoku, Anchi, Inshin .. THANK YOU! ( I hope I am not forgetting anyone). Was everything in order? Good sound?

Sat Today
    Bion

It sounded great

Thank you for hosting this time slot.
    And for everything else you do

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Nengyoku View Post
    It sounded great

Thank you for hosting this time slot.
    And for everything else you do

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    Sat

Sat today lah
    Bion

Gassho,
    Anchi
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you, Bion, you were very welcoming, and the sound was perfect. A lovely sit! Thank you, also, Nengyoku, Anchi, and Inshin. it was a great way to continue Ango.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Oh, I am so humbled that you all came to sit with me! Onkai, Nengyoku, Anchi, Inshin .. THANK YOU! ( I hope I am not forgetting anyone). Was everything in order? Good sound?

Sat Today
    It was all perfect from your side.
    I was praying I was on mute when my son stormed in the room screaming suddenly .

Thank you for hosting this, I should be able to join from time to time.

Gassho
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Inshin View Post
    It was all perfect from your side.
    I was praying I was on mute when my son stormed in the room screaming suddenly .

Thank you for hosting this, I should be able to join from time to time.

Gassho
    Sat
    Lovely to see you, by the way!
    I was also terrified my stomach would make noises or that I’d forgotten some device unmuted

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Espero unirme sábados y/o domingos
    Gracias por tu servicio en el zazenkai del pasado viernes/sábado

Gassho
    Rocío
    STLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Rocio View Post
    Espero unirme sábados y/o domingos
    Gracias por tu servicio en el zazenkai del pasado viernes/sábado

Gassho
    Rocío
    STLAH
    Cuando puedas, serás bienvenida! muchas gracias Rocío!

Sat Today
    Bion

Thanks to everyone who came to sit together today. My noisy but joyful neighbors also thank you I appreciate you all!

Sat Today
    Bion

Ahhh, you're scheduled for every day. Wonderful! I'll put it on my calendar, and probably join more often than not.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Ahhh, you're scheduled for every day. Wonderful! I'll put it on my calendar, and probably join more often than not.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    That would be awesoooome!

Sat Today
    Bion

Thank you for this Bion, I'll certainly try to make it....

Gassho

Mike

Sat today
    Let everything happen to you: Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Thank you lovely people for coming to sit again. I am grateful!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and everyone. This sit is helpful for Ango. Bion, I'm glad summer is over for you. I hope the mild weather lasts.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you, Bion and everyone. This sit is helpful for Ango. Bion, I'm glad summer is over for you. I hope the mild weather lasts.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Over-ish I can’t wait for next month!
    Thank you so much Onkai, for everything!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Hello friends,

One of my Ango commitments every year is to extend my usual daily sit and to add a second sit to each day. This year I thought it might be a nice thing to invite everyone to sit with me or maybe just keep the zendo door open while I´m in, so we´ve added a new scheduled sit on the calendar, starting this Saturday, after our Monthly Zazenkai marking the beginngin of Ango, from 8 PM Madrid time, 7 PM London, 2 PM New York, 11 AM Los Angeles, (for other time zones, the calendar magically adjusts, as you know) in our Scheduled Sitting Room

I don´t mean for this to be a terribly formal affair, so if the time suits you and you are up for a shorter than usual evening / mid-day sit, I´d be happy to sit with you and keep the time. We´ll be sitting for 25 minutes. If you should come by please already have your okesa or rakusu on if you have one, since we won’t be reciting the kesa verse. I hope we sit together a lot during this Ango.

For more details (including a timezone-converter / selector) see the calendar on Treeleaf NOW: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Sat Today
    Such a wonderful idea, Bion. Lovely way to build community with your Ango practice. I hope to join once in a while over the weekends

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday LaH
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bokugan View Post
    Such a wonderful idea, Bion. Lovely way to build community with your Ango practice. I hope to join once in a while over the weekends

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday LaH
    It would be lovely to have you with us!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and friends. This is a wonderful part of Ango.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you, Bion and friends. This is a wonderful part of Ango.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    Thanks a lot! love you all!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Sitting together during Ango

Once again, thank you all for taking the time to come sit together. What a lovely way to nurture community

Sat Today lah
    Last edited by Bion; 09-07-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and all.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank You Bion and everyone.

It is always lovely to sit in your company.

Gassho,
    Anchi
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you once more for coming to sit together!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Love you all, thank your for supporting me with my Ango commitment. Lovely sitting together as always

Sat Today lah
    Last edited by Bion; 09-10-2022 at 07:23 PM.
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and everyone. The sit is helpful for Ango and a wonderful part of the day.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Love you all, thank your for supporting me with my Ango commitment. Lovely sitting together as always

Sat Today lah
    And you as well, friend. This sit really helps me with my commitments on the weekend.

Thank you all for sitting together.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    SatLah

Thank you, Bion, for making the opportunity to sit together an extra time for Ango. Thank you, other friends, for sitting together.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you, Bion, for making the opportunity to sit together an extra time for Ango. Thank you, other friends, for sitting together.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    I am so grateful I can be with you guys for a while every day!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you all so very much for your lovely and encouraging company!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and everyone. It's a place of sincere and enthusiastic practice. Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you Bion and friends. It's lovely to have this sit for Ango.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you all for this sitting. For me, it occurs in the middle of the afternoon (3:00 p.m.) and it has been a great way to connect with the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha in this otherwise busy and unenlightened time of my day.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

I appreciate you all deeply! Thank you!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you all for coming to sit together today as well!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and friends. I look forward to this sit every day.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you, Bion and friends. I look forward to this sit every day.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    I’ll see you later!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you all for the sitting.
    Thanl you very much, Bion, for all the tips and help you gave me.

Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    Thank you all for the sitting.
    Thanl you very much, Bion, for all the tips and help you gave me.

Mateus
    Satlah
    Oh, don’t even mention it. I hope it does help, even a bit. Thank you very much for coming to sit together!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you all for coming to sit together today as well!

Sat Today lah
    Thanks to you.
    Today is Independence day, I´m in home no excuse for doing zazen

Rocío
    ST/LAH

Thank you friends who came to sit today! So many of you! I am deeply appreciative of your presence and encouragement

Sat Today lah
    Last edited by Bion; 09-19-2022 at 08:04 PM.
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and friends. It is always delightful.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I love you all, thanks for allowing me the pleasure of sitting with you!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion and all. It's a cheerful part of my day.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you once more, friends old and new for your company during this sit

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast