Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SITTING TOGETHER DURING ANGO

Thank you, Bion, for hosting this wonderful daily practice. Thank you everyone who joined today.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Love you all! Thank you!

Sat Today lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you so much, all of you, for coming and sitting together another day.

Sat Today lah
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

I wanted to come express my gratitude once more. I appreciate all of you and your effort to come and sit together, strengthening the sangha, building community and encouraging each other. You are all very dear to me.

Sat Today lah
    Bion

The sessions are dear to me as well, and I feel a wonderful sense of community in them.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

About the time change - an hour later is fine with me, if it is good for everyone else. Thank you for facilitating, Bion, and thank you everyone who participates.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Dear friends. Daylight savings is happening for us here in Europe this night, so for those of you on other continents, the time for this scheduled sit will change. PLEASE make sure you check the calendar for local times .
    Thank you all for your company every day!

Sat today
    Bion

Gassho,
    Onkai
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you everyone for your company and encouragement. It is lovely to sit together every day.

Sat today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion, for hosting the daily sit. It is a wonderful experience. Thank you, everyone else who joins. It's great to sit together.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you, Bion and everybody. I started sitting with you all, but had to go answer the door at 17 minutes more or less into the sitting. Sorry Bion for not answering you for a while.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    Thank you, Bion and everybody. I started sitting with you all, but had to go answer the door at 17 minutes more or less into the sitting. Sorry Bion for not answering you for a while.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    Oh, no worries! Loved it you could make it to sit together! Thanks so much!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Oh, no worries! Loved it you could make it to sit together! Thanks so much!

Sat Today lah

Mateus
    Satlah
    (also known as Mateus )

Oh you guys, how wonderful you all are and how fast these 3 months have gone by. It’s a joy being together everyday! Here’s our selfie today, though some of our beloved usuals are missing yet absolutely present ( Pam, Daiman, Shonin, John .. etc ) Many bows to all of you and your dedicated efforts during our Ango!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion, for making such a welcoming space and time to add to our practice. You and everyone who joins enlivens Ango for me.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

That’s all folks!

As Kotei so appropriately put it after today’s sit, we have truly come together during Ango to sit, like the sangha has been doing since the time of Shakyamuni. We saw summer end, we saw fall settle and we’ve sat together with the crackling of fire, cozy in our winter clothes. We encouraged and supported each other during these past three months and it has been wonderful. Ango ends, and so we end this scheduled sit for now as well. Hopefully, 9 months from now, at the end of summer, we will get together again.
    In the meantime, I encourage you to not be shy about joining other scheduled sits, and if this particular time slot works well for you, please hop in the Free Sitting Room. Remember, we use this room, the Schedule Sitting Room for sits on the calendar.
    If there’s an actual group forming at this time of the day in the FSR, that could become a scheduled sit.

I love you all and thank you for the wonderful 3 months of fellowship and joy.

See you during the weekend for Rohatsu!

( sorry for running long )

Sat Today lah
    Bion

The time has passed like the fall of a single leaf.

gassho
    ds sat, grateful
    Visiting priest: use salt

Quote Originally Posted by Shōnin Risa Bear View Post
    The time has passed like the fall of a single leaf.

gassho
    ds sat, grateful
    Your presence was a source of joy

Sat today lah
    Bion

Thank you very much, Bion, for these sittings. Although I did not participate in many of them, I still formed a very deep bond with you all who sited in this time throughout Ango. Thank you all for your support, your practice and your friendship.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    (also known as Mateus )

Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    Thank you very much, Bion, for these sittings. Although I did not participate in many of them, I still formed a very deep bond with you all who sited in this time throughout Ango. Thank you all for your support, your practice and your friendship.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah
    Let’s do it again next year!!

Sat today lah
    Bion

Let’s do it again next year!!

Sat today lah
    Now I look forward to next Ango!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Now I look forward to next Ango!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    Me too!

Mateus
    Satlah
    (also known as Mateus )

Dear friends,

It has been a year since I made this thread inviting you all to come sit together during our Ango season. Last year, we had a wonderful time together, we bonded and diligently practiced daily. When we sat our last scheduled sit, I knew we had to try it again this year, so here I am once more, humbly asking for your company and support. Starting Sept 2nd, I hope we get together for a daily sit, a little chat and that lovely friendly environment, at the same time as last year ( check top of thread or treeleaf.org/now ) . If you have an okesa or rakusu, please have it on for the sit. I can not wait to be with you all for the next three months as often as possible and thank you in advance for supporting my practice and Ango commitment.

Let’s do our best again, this Ango!

Gassho Sat today
    Bion

Thank you for this lovely time together, Bion. I work during the scheduled time on weekdays, and will join when i can.

Gassho
    b.
    st

I will drop in as my schedule allows. Thanks for offering another opportunity to sit with the Sangha.

Doshin
    St

Such a wonderful opportunity! I will certainly join in on the days I'm working from home (and meeting-free!).

Gassho,
    Seikan

-st-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

I'll try to join, if possible

Gassho

SatToday

Bernal

Thank you, Bion. I look forward to practicing together.

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Thank you Bion. I will be there on that time is the time it allows. Otherwise i will be there to sit together in my time.

Gassho
    Diana
    Sat

It's wonderful to have this additional opportunity, thank you Bion. I plan to attend as often as possible, especially on weekends.

Gassho,

Jason

Sat Today

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    It's wonderful to have this additional opportunity, thank you Bion. I plan to attend as often as possible, especially on weekends.

Gassho,

Jason

Sat Today
    Thank you! That sounds great!

Sat
    Bion

Hello, everyone

This is just a reminder that starting today, we get together for a sit at the scheduled time, which you can find here treeleaf.org/now under the name Zazen with Bion ( that would be me ) If it works for your schedule, please come on over.

Sat Today
    Bion

Thank you all for coming to sit together! Wow! What a way to kick off Ango! So many of us!
    See you next time you can make it!

Sat lah
    Bion

Thank you, Bion

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Doshin
    ST with you

Hello, all!

Just bumping this thread a bit, in case anyone is looking for a scheduled sit to join. Info about times is in the original post up in this thread or on our Calendar at treeleaf.org/now under Zazen with Bion.

Hope we get to sit together!

Sat
    Bion

Thank you, Bion! I enjoy the sits together.

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Thank you, Bion! I enjoy the sits together.

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    It is lovely! I am grateful for you

Sat
    Bion

SITTING TOGETHER DURING ANGO

Hello everyone, old and new.
    Bumping this thread just in case anyone might be eager to sit with the sangha and this particular time works for you! Check the details in the top post, please. This sit should work particularly well for European time zones, as we just about end the day.

Hope to see you soon!

Gassho

Sat and lah
    Last edited by Bion; 10-19-2023 at 07:07 PM.
    Bion

Bion and friends, i’ve missed sitting with you recently. Work crises have prevented taking a break to be with you. Every day at the appointed time, though, my Outlook calendar reminder pops up and i send metta to you.

Fondly with gassho,
    b.

stlah

Quote Originally Posted by WorkerB View Post
    Bion and friends, i’ve missed sitting with you recently. Work crises have prevented taking a break to be with you. Every day at the appointed time, though, my Outlook calendar reminder pops up and i send metta to you.

Fondly with gassho,
    b.

stlah
    Miss sitting with you as well, but at the same time, every day I join the sitting room, I think “maybe B comes as well” .. so, you’re technically always there, never truly missing.
    Hope things slow down a bit for you.. It’s probably making Jukai preparations super tough.

Gassho

Sat and lah
    Bion

Quick reminder to anyone watching that might need a group to sit with,

we sit together during Ango, evenings for Europeans, mid-day for Americans, in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) : https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

You can find the time for your location at the following link, under the listing Sitting with Bion : http://treeleaf.org/now

Let's sit together!

gassho
    sat and lah
    Bion

Thanks again for hosting this sit, Bion. Due to work/sleep schedule I sit with the earlier group when I work days and I attend this one when I work evenings or on my weekends. It's a great way to always ensure I get at least one daily sit.

Gassho, Matt
    STLAH

Quote Originally Posted by usuallymatt View Post
    Thanks again for hosting this sit, Bion. Due to work/sleep schedule I sit with the earlier group when I work days and I attend this one when I work evenings or on my weekends. It's a great way to always ensure I get at least one daily sit.

Gassho, Matt
    STLAH
    Always grateful and glad when you can make it!

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion

SITTING TOGETHER DURING ANGO

Dear friends, we are just about ready to end this daily sit we started along with Ango for a second year now. How wonderful to get together everyday, with folks that came even from other sanghas, to ask each other how we are, to give each other updates about travels, or health or family and then to sit the zazen of the Buddhas. Tomorrow we complete this three-month commitment and so, this year as well, we mark the occasion with another group selfie. Not everyone is in it, we have had many regulars during these three month and I APPRECIATE AND REMEMBER ALL OF YOU, even though your physical body is not in this photo. I am deeply fond of all of you

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Last edited by Bion; 12-01-2023 at 12:47 AM.
    Bion

Thank you, Bion, for hosting this sit, and thank you, everyone who joined in the sits. This was a wonderful part of ango.

Gassho, Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way

Dear friends, we are just about ready to end this daily sit we started with Ango for a second year now. How wonderful to get together everyday, with folks that came even from other sanghas, to ask each other how we are, to give each other updates about travels, or health or family and then to sit the zazen of the Buddhas. Tomorrow we complete this three-month commitment and so, this year as well, we mark the occasion with another group selfie. Not everyone is in it, we have had many regulars during these three month and I APPRECIATE AND REMEMBER ALL OF YOU, even though your physical body is not in this photo. I am deeply fond of all of you

Gassho
    Sat and lah

Doshin
    Stlah

Beautiful, all of you.

Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Dear friends, we are just about ready to end this daily sit we started along with Ango for a second year now. How wonderful to get together everyday, with folks that came even from other sanghas, to ask each other how we are, to give each other updates about travels, or health or family and then to sit the zazen of the Buddhas. Tomorrow we complete this three-month commitment and so, this year as well, we mark the occasion with another group selfie. Not everyone is in it, we have had many regulars during these three month and I APPRECIATE AND REMEMBER ALL OF YOU, even though your physical body is not in this photo. I am deeply fond of all of you

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Thank you for hosting this, Bion
    It was great to sit live with you all although my audio was only one way.
    Missed it greatly the last three weeks, but traveling and living in a house without internet made it difficult to join.

Gassho, Michael
    Satlah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast