Thread: Aug. 19-20 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Zen can solve -ALL- your problems! (REALLY!!)

Aug. 19-20 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Zen can solve -ALL- your problems! (REALLY!!)

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

ATTENTION: Everyone, when rising for Kinhin or Ceremonies after Zazen, get up slowly, don't rush, hold something stable, you won't be "late," so TAKE YOUR TIME! Make sure you are careful getting up!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-19-2022 at 06:23 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hey Jundo et al,

I am all set to ino tomorrow, see you in the zendo.

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

Zen can solve -ALL- your problems! (REALLY!!) ???

LOVELY !!!!

Gassho,
    Anchi
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

REALLY!!!!

Gassho, J

stlah

Today is a new day so I will be present with that.

Gassho,
    Anchi
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Lovely! See you all later!

sat today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Glad to hear it!!

Gassho,

Finn

Sat today

I will enjoy sitting with you all tomorrow. Tonight is Disney movie night at the beach, a block from my house. As much as I am accustomed to sitting with noise, this sounds like a parade marching through my living room.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st lah

The passages from the Parinibbana Sutta that I will reference ...

"Now I am frail, Ananda, old, aged, far gone in years. This is my eightieth year, and my life is spent. Even as an old cart, Ananda, is held together with much difficulty, so the body of the Tathagata is kept going only with supports. It is, Ananda, only when the Tathagata, disregarding external objects, with the cessation of certain feelings, attains to and abides in the signless concentration of mind, that his body is more comfortable.

And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

How the Blessed One Passed into Nibbana:

And the Blessed One entered the first jhana. Rising from the first jhana, he entered the second jhana. Rising from the second jhana, he entered the third jhana. Rising from the third jhana, he entered the fourth jhana. And rising out of the fourth jhana, he entered the sphere of infinite space. Rising from the attainment of the sphere of infinite space, he entered the sphere of infinite consciousness. Rising from the attainment of the sphere of infinite consciousness, he entered the sphere of nothingness. Rising from the attainment of the sphere of nothingness, he entered the sphere of neither-perception-nor-non-perception. And rising out of the attainment of the sphere of neither-perception-nor-non-perception, he attained to the cessation of perception and feeling.

10. And the Venerable Ananda spoke to the Venerable Anuruddha, saying: "Venerable Anuruddha, the Blessed One has passed away."
    Gassho, J

stlah

Hey there!

To all who will watch this later, please note I have a chest infection at the moment, when we do the verse of atonement and four vows you might be able to see me 'sucking in air' just to have enough breath to say the next line. I'm also on steroids so that makes me fidgety, which you'll probably notice as well! Made me chuckle watching it back. Thank you for accepting my ino practice today. Enjoy your zazenkai, and may it solve all your problems

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

Sounded great to my ear, Tokan.

Gassho J
    Stlah

That was very lovely ! Thank you everyone !

Thank you Jundo for another lovely talk!
    So full of wisdom and calm and acceptance.

Zen practice helps us to let go of these problems and delusions and to learn how to respond to life, how to deal with it .

My deep gratitude, for Your precious teachings, for your radiant, benevolent presence..

It's an honour to be walking this path with You and everybody.

Deep Bows,
    Anchi
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Quote Originally Posted by Anchi View Post
    That was very lovely ! Thank you everyone !

Thank you Jundo for another lovely talk!
    So full of wisdom and calm and acceptance.

Zen practice helps us to let go of these problems and delusions and to learn how to respond to life, how to deal with it .

My deep gratitude, for Your precious teachings, for your radiant, benevolent presence..

It's an honour to be walking this path with You and everybody.

Deep Bows,
    Anchi

Beautifully said Anchi, may I add that one light shines on the next steps ahead, lots of lights can illuminate the whole path, such is sangha to me

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

"Hold lightly to the things you desire".

Thank you, Jundo and ino.

Gassho
    Anna
    st/lah

Sat this evening with the recording. Lovely talk, I especially liked the movie theater analogy.
    Sounded great, Tokan!

Gassho,
    Judy
    sat/lah

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Nice chanting Tōkan.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Wonderful talk, as always. I find I'm much more accepting of the ups and downs of life through Zen practice.

Gassho,
    SatLah
    Kelly

Does the wave "die" when it crashes against the shore? Does the raindrop "cease to exist" when it falls to the ocean surface? Or, do they simply change - not one, not two. Are we so different? If we think of life as linear - born, live, die - with nothing after death, its very scary. But, we know that is not true. Nothing is created nor destroyed. I have lived many lives in the past, and will live many in the future. In this way, my death is not an end but a continuation. I recall reading about a Buddhist Master being asked how he wanted to die. He answered "with my eyes wide open!", so he could savor the experience. What a rush. Knowing this life will end makes me savor each moment all the more.

Z

sat/lah

Thank you, Jundo and Tokan. Sat this in small bits and I can relate to your “air sucking”.
    Thank you, everyone, for your support and practice.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Satlah

Thank you all for sitting! Lovely talk, Jundo!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you, Jundo. Accurate, yet poetic at the same time. As always

Gassho
    Wabo
    ST