Thread: August 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - The Koan of Spiritual Bypassing

August 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - The Koan of Spiritual Bypassing

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

ATTENTION: Everyone, when rising for Kinhin or Ceremonies after Zazen, get up slowly, don't rush, hold something stable, you won't be "late," so TAKE YOUR TIME! Make sure you are careful getting up!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-12-2022 at 05:02 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

See you all later!

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

I'll be there!

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you to everyone! So many faces old and new with so much enthusiasm! I appreciate all of you!

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you Jundo for today's talk, brings back memories of some difficult 'practice years'.

Gassho, Tokan (satlah)

Thank you, Jundo, for this Zazenkai and for the talk. I realized that I have been a victim of spiritual bypassing myself. I’ve being postponing the decision to go back being a lawyer for some years; but now, being unemployed, with 3 kids in school age, a great loan we did to by a new bigger house to live with them and my dream of passing a public tender not being close enough, I have to accept that some times we have to work on what we don’t love and stop using zazen and the practices and precepts as excuses. I will require my re-enrollment on the National Bar Association of Brazil and try to be a good Buddhist lawyer who tries to solve conflicts in a and non money-drived peaceful way.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat LAH

Quote Originally Posted by mateus.baldin View Post
    Thank you, Jundo, for this Zazenkai and for the talk. I realized that I have been a victim of spiritual bypassing myself. I’ve being postponing the decision to go back being a lawyer for some years; but now, being unemployed, with 3 kids in school age, a great loan we did to by a new bigger house to live with them and my dream of passing a public tender not being close enough, I have to accept that some times we have to work on what we don’t love and stop using zazen and the practices and precepts as excuses. I will require my re-enrollment on the National Bar Association of Brazil and try to be a good Buddhist lawyer who tries to solve conflicts in a and non money-drived peaceful way.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat LAH
    Fellow member of the Dharma Bar.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you everyone! Jundo, thanks for the talk and for sharing your experience
    Gassho, Kiri
    Sat/Lah
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Thank you for the words.

Doshin
    St

Thank you everyone! Thank you Jundo for the lovely words.

����

Finn
    Sat today

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you for making this accessible. Sometimes live just ain't gonna work for my body, but having this available for when I can is great and helps me feel included. "There's no perfection, but we make an effort."

Gassho,

Mark
    sat

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Thank you for making this accessible. Sometimes live just ain't gonna work for my body, but having this available for when I can is great and helps me feel included. "There's no perfection, but we make an effort."
    Indeed! You'll find many recordings like this and much more at Treeleaf's YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/user/treeleafzendo

Gassho2
    stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Sat with recording last evening. Thank you, everyone!

Gassho,
    Judy
    Sat/lah

Lovely. Thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Kokuu