Thread: Ecodharma: Thank You

Ecodharma: Thank You

Together we have finished our book. I really appreciate those of you who have actively participated the past seven months. I learned from reading the book and I learned from you. Your shared perspectives helped me see things differently.

The reading and discussions were not always positive and overly hopeful but that is the nature of the subject matter. It was about the future and all those who will come after us. To me the most important subject we (everyone) can be discussing.

I had hoped that more in our Sangha would be active but I noted that many silently followed our discussions. I hope they took something away from our sincere efforts to share.

Be well and may we together make a difference.

Doshin
    St on this beautiful planet that we must care for

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Many thanks, Doshin, to you and Kokuu for steering this discussion. I have fallen behind on the last few posts because they inspired me do some more reading so I could better consider our discussions. I feel very grateful to have read this book with such thoughtful and knowledgeable people.

Naiko
    st

Thank you Doshin and Kokuu for leading us through the book and to all those that participated in the discussions. It was a tough topic and I appreciated the honest perspectives of both Loy and those here that read along

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Together we have finished our book. I really appreciate those of you who have actively participated the past seven months. I learned from reading the book and I learned from you. Your shared perspectives helped me see things differently.

The reading and discussions were not always positive and overly hopeful but that is the nature of the subject matter. It was about the future and all those who will come after us. To me the most important subject we (everyone) can be discussing.

I had hoped that more in our Sangha would be active but I noted that many silently followed our discussions. I hope they took something away from our sincere efforts to share.

Be well and may we together make a difference.

Doshin
    St on this beautiful planet that we must care for
    I was unable to participate as I had hoped, but I did read some of the discussions, and will continue to. I am sure that others will also.

Thank you both for all your efforts, time, research, and work on this important topic.

Gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Lovely words, Doshin. Thank you!

I too have really appreciated reading this book alongside you all and getting your reactions and insights along the way. It certainly was not always an easy read, but is lovely to know that there are others who take this material as seriously as I do and are willing to turn towards rather than look away.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Doshin, thank you very much for your kind words. And thanks to every participant of our reading group. Our Ecodharma group helped me a lot in generating and strengthening the "sangha" feelings in me, and also got me thinking about many of the issues that I had ignored in my own comfort zone.

I, too, could not participate as much as I had hoped but I did enjoy sharing these seven months with all of you. I learned a lot from the book, and from your insightful comments.

Special thanks to Kokuu for making the book accessible to me. It was very kind.

Gassho, Doğukan.
    Sat.

Plunging water levels of the Yangtze River have revealed a submerged island in China's southwestern city of Chongqing and a trio of Buddhist statues on it that are believed to be 600 years old, state media Xinhua has reported.

The three statues were found on the highest part of the island reef called Foyeliang, initially identified as built during the Ming and Qing dynasties. One of the statues depicts a monk sitting on a lotus pedestal. The Yangtze's water levels have been falling rapidly due to a drought and a heatwave in China's southwestern region.

Rainfall in the Yangtze basin has been around 45% lower than normal since July, and high temperatures are likely to persist for at least another week, official forecasts said. As many as 66 rivers across 34 counties in Chongqing have dried up, state broadcaster CCTV said on August 19.
    https://us.cnn.com/travel/article/ya...ues/index.html
    Gassho, J

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE