Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday July 24th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday July 24th - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on July 24th beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in English.

Gassho,
    Washin & Shugen
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Russian missile strikes have hit the southern Ukrainian port of Odesa, just one day after Ukraine and Russia agreed on a deal that would allow the resumption of vital grain exports from the region.

Serhii Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Odessa military administration, said two missiles hit the infrastructure of the port and two were shot down by Ukraine's air defense.
    At least six explosions were heard in Odesa, according to Ukrainian member of parliament Oleksiy Goncharenko.
    https://us.cnn.com/2022/07/23/europe...ntl/index.html
    Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Livestream (one-way) link for Sunday Zazen for Peace:

May all weapons cease and be put down.

May peace and healling prevail for ALL

gassho meian
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you all for sitting together.

I would like to put those few words I said in the end here because my spoken English
    is far from perfect...

It has been already five months since we live in these strange and unusual circumstances.
    We try to accept every situation as is, but, on an emotional level, we surely experience many
    things. On some days it is the joy of living a simple life, the other days we live through sadness,
    grief and pain when hearing more people pass... Every morning I try to wake up with gratefulness
    for a new day because we never know what the next day is going to bring us.
    However, what we know for sure is that one day it will all become history. The stories of events
    to tell our grandchildren about. Thank you...
    Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you, Washin, for leading the sit, and for your lovely words of wisdom. You are an inspiration. Thank you everyone for coming together for the sit for peace. May peace prevail soon.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Sat today this beautiful zazen. Thank you very much, Washin, for the zazen and your touching words.
    May peace prevail in the world. May all who suffer be free from war and violence.

Mateus
    Sat/LAH
    怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
    (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Doshin
    St