Thread: Ecodharma: 'Not Too Late' An Upaya Climate Change Podcast

Ecodharma: 'Not Too Late' An Upaya Climate Change Podcast

I enjoyed this recent climate change podcast from Upaya about (as the title suggests) how it isn't too late and how we can approach climate activism.

https://www.upaya.org/2022/05/solnit...-climate-talk/

On a similar note here is a short article about younger people and climate optimism -https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jul/15/climate-optimism-gen-z

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-15-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Thank you for sharing that article on the climate optimism and younger people. It is great to see their initiatives.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thank you, Heiso! I really enjoyed that talk with Rebecca Solnit. Her book Hope in the Dark is a great antidote to pessimism, pointing out that many turning points in human history have been preceded by apparently little movement until a tipping point is reached. Since we don't know when the tipping point will be, we need to keep pushing until it happens.

Great to see the optimism of younger people. I remember myself believing everything is possible when I was young but the thing is that if you believe that, it is the kind of energy that is need to create change.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Thanks Heiso..

I could use a boost everyday like the one you shared about youth taking a stand! Please, let’s find and share positive stories.

Doshin
    St

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Thanks Heiso..

I could use a boost everyday like the one you shared about youth taking a stand! Please, let’s find and share positive stories.

Doshin
    St
    Agreed!

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods