Thread: Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday July 3rd - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

Zazen Sitting for Peace - Sunday July 3rd - An Hour with Washin, from Ukraine

We continue sitting for Peace, Children and the Injured in Ukraine and around the World.

Please join us for the Sunday Sit on July 3rd beginning at 6 am Los Angeles time, 9 am New York time, 2 pm in London, 3 pm in Paris, 4 pm Kyiv time, 4 pm Moscow time.

We will meet in the Treeleaf Now Scheduled Sitting Room: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

The format of the sitting will be:

- Heart Sutra
    - Zazen 40 minutes
    - Verse of Atonement
    - Four Vows

This time we will recite the Heart Sutra in English.

Gassho,
    Washin
    StLah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Doshin
    St

Sadly, it does not end ...

Russian missile attacks on residential areas in a coastal town near the Ukrainian port city of Odesa early Friday killed at least 19 people, authorities reported, a day after Russian forces withdrew from a strategic Black Sea island.

Video of the pre-dawn attack showed the charred remains of buildings in the small town of Serhiivka, located about 31 miles southwest of Odesa. The Ukrainian president’s office said three X-22 missiles fired by Russian bombers struck an apartment building and two campsites.

“A terrorist country is killing our people. In response to defeats on the battlefield, they fight civilians,” Andriy Yermak, the chief of staff to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said.

Ukraine’s Security Service said 19 people died, including two children. It said another 38, including six children and a pregnant woman, were hospitalized with injuries. Most of the victims were in the apartment building, Ukrainian emergency officials said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...gion-rcna36286
    Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho,
    Anchi
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Sadly, it does not end ...
    Very sadly this is so and sources say it may intensify...
    "The Russian Federation is conducting a campaign of missile terrorism against the civilian population of Ukraine in order to break its spirit and destroy Ukrainians’ unity. Over the last few days the enemy has launched a string of air- and ground-based missile attacks on civil infrastructure in the city of Kyiv as well as in Kyiv, Cherkasy and Odesa Oblasts.

The Russian perpetrators have used Tu-22M3 long-range bombers and Bastion coastal defence missile systems.

Moreover, they have launched a cynical missile attack on the Amstor shopping mall in Kremenchuk, Poltava Oblast, with over a thousand civilians inside, including children."
    https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/28/7355186/
    Gassho,
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hello everyone,

Due to technical issues, we could not record today's session.

Here is a previous recording of Sunday Zazen for Peace, with the Heart Sutra in English.

Sadly, it is Day 130 and counting -- may peace and healing prevail for all

Gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Thank you, Washin and everyone for sitting together for peace. Thank you Meian, for the technical assistance, and putting up a recording to practice with.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    Thank you, Washin and everyone for sitting together for peace. Thank you Meian, for the technical assistance, and putting up a recording to practice with.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah

Doshin
    St