Thread: Special "Zen of Everything" - THE UNIVERSE

Special "Zen of Everything" - THE UNIVERSE

Dear Fellow Bits of Sentient Space Dust,

I haven't given special mention to our "Zen of Everything" podcast for a long while ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...ELEAF-Podcasts

... but this episode is a personal favorite: How Mahayana and Zen insights/experiences of the universe, all reality, what we are in/as the whole works, often go against our "common sense" notions of self and world ... yet are not in conflict with modern scientific views and proposals at all.

Please check it out, have a chuckle or two with Kirk and me, and find out why monks and mathematicians agree that you are the/a center of the universe, nothing is ultimately "big" or "small," and you are not what you think you are!

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Ep. 77 ... The Universe
    https://www.zen-of-everything.com/77

By the way, I am content to say that "Zen of Everything" is listed by podchaser and iTunes about No. 7 or 8 in the top-10 most listened to Zen themed podcasts (most importantly, just ahead of my Dharma Brother Brad Warner's podcast, and, on iTunes, even beating San Francisco Zen Center! ).

The universe is not big or small, and reality is beyond measure or goal, but it is good to be rated in the top-10 among podcasts professing such Wisdom of No Rank. Tee-hee.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-30-2022 at 12:00 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I just finished listening to it! Very enjoyable and I liked the discussion from both a modern math standpoint and that of Buddism. Actually found it a little short and had hoped for a more indepth explanation of the Buddist perception and view of time

Gassho,

Artien
    SatToday

What a wonderful podcast! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you Jundo!

If anyone else is having issues with the Zen of Everything website, I found it on PodTail.

(Sorry to run long)

Gassho,
    SatLah
    Kelly

Beautiful podcast. I, too, enjoyed listening. Thanks!

It reminded me that the older generation here, often referred to someone's death as "the minor apocalypse", implying that a human's lifespan encompasses the entire universe.

Gassho, Doğukan.
    Sat.

“When we are born, our universe is born too. When we die, we take everything of our universe with us.”

― Kodo Sawaki, Discovering the True Self

Gassho,
    Ryūmon (Kirk)
    Sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Excellent episode as always

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.